Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp I just joined the 100k club literally 2 days ago and this morning my car was steaming when I pulled into the parking lot at work. First assumption is that I sprung a leak in a radiator hose. If that is not the case, my second assumption is that it may be the radiator itself.

My question is: I don't have the money right now to purchase a factory replacement which also rules out an aluminum radiator. So... Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket replacements either good or bad that they'd be willing to share?

I've been doing some preliminary research and I have found a few replacements in my price range (no more than $150). Koyo, or Spectra Premium radiators seem to be the front runners right now. I know that plastic tanks are the DEVIL, but they're all I can afford right now. I can do the work myself with the help of the service manual so right now I'm just looking at it costing me the price of the radiator and some honda coolant to replace. I don't just want to buy a cheap one for $80 off of ebay b/c I plan on having the E for a few more years and don't want to do this all over again next year.

Please help me out if you can!

·
12,179 Posts
Welp I just joined the 100k club literally 2 days ago and this morning my car was steaming when I pulled into the parking lot at work. First assumption is that I sprung a leak in a radiator hose. If that is not the case, my second assumption is that it may be the radiator itself.

My question is: I don't have the money right now to purchase a factory replacement which also rules out an aluminum radiator. So... Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket replacements either good or bad that they'd be willing to share?

I've been doing some preliminary research and I have found a few replacements in my price range (no more than $150). Koyo, or Spectra Premium radiators seem to be the front runners right now. I know that plastic tanks are the DEVIL, but they're all I can afford right now. I can do the work myself with the help of the service manual so right now I'm just looking at it costing me the price of the radiator and some honda coolant to replace. I don't just want to buy a cheap one for $80 off of ebay b/c I plan on having the E for a few more years and don't want to do this all over again next year.

Please help me out if you can!

I have been selling KOYO for a number of years now and i have never had a problem with them. The fit just like OE. Spend the extra money now...Your coooling system is another area where saving a few dollars now may end up costing you more down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts