Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am searching craigslist for a set of rims and I came across this concern, being that this is my first wheel purchase for a 4WD, am I limited to certain rims or is there something specific for 4WD cars, so I can't buy just the normal 5 lug honda/acura import knockoff rims?

Also, I know offset matters, but if the tires don't rub, then I am alright? Can this just be fixed with spacers?

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
no, nothing special for 4x4. mostly any wheel will work in that bolt pattern, and similiar size. i wouldnt recommend a 10 inch wide wheel with 0 offset. stay pretty close unless youre trying to stance it out. something like an 18x8+35 shouldnt rub unless youre lowered quite a bit. what size do you have in mind?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Which is more important to you - the style and appearance of the rims, or the size and ride quality of the tire?

Do you understand all of the size specifications for wheels and rims? Can you figure out what tires will fit on a specific rim?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
well, there is at least 1 special consideration for our 4WD vehicles.
the diameter of all tires should be the same.
(well technically, it's the rolling circumference that needs to be the same.)
having different diameter in the front and rear could cause the 4WD to engage when it's not needed, and it will overheat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts