Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been a member here for quite some time, but this is my first posting!

My driver side window has malfunctioned. From what I've read, I probably have to replace the regulator assembly.

I can get a genuine Honda part for $108 at the dealer, OR, I can get an aftermarket part on eBay for about half that.

Just wondering if anyone has installed the aftermarket version and what their experience with the quality and fit was. Thanks for helping!

·
12,179 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've been a member here for quite some time, but this is my first posting!

My driver side window has malfunctioned. From what I've read, I probably have to replace the regulator assembly.

I can get a genuine Honda part for $108 at the dealer, OR, I can get an aftermarket part on eBay for about half that.

Just wondering if anyone has installed the aftermarket version and what their experience with the quality and fit was. Thanks for helping!

Pay the extra money and get the original Honda parts. I have sold aftermarket regulators in the past and they have come back to bite me in the ass. Saving $50 isn't much of a savings if you have to do the job again 6 months later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice, Lizzurd. Thanks!

So I'll pick one up this weekend. Can anyone who's done this repair chime in with their experience? How easy/hard, helpful hints, etc. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ramblerdan. That little triangle trim piece at the top of the door panel, rear side of the door was giving me fits! I thought it was on permanently somehow!

Many thanks to everyone! I'm going to get the part now. I'll report my success or miserable failure soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts