Honda Element Owners Club banner

GUYS: Age Talley...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna pop in 2 polls One on Guys, One on Gals...

Just so we can get a quick and constantly running talley of how much we are blowing away the age demographic.. and also gal/ guy thing, since it was the college guys they were after!

Ok lets roll!

(and reason I only went up to "over 61", only 10 poll options are permitted).

·
Registered
10 Posts
[quote:2982943486="ElementalOne"]So far 4 out of 36 members meet Hondas targeted market. Ooops. :lol:[/quote:2982943486]

Make it five now... 8)

The styling got me hooked!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still over 90% of us are out of that demographic..woo hoo! But we enjoy those who fit in that demographic too :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
33-It just goes to show that a cool car is a cool car, it doesn't matter how old you are! (Unless you are too young to afford one!) 8)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Anyone else notice how this graph shows close to a normal bell curve??

Iskie

·
Registered
41 Posts
I suspect the 20-somethings with money are buying BMWs, and those without are not buying 20mpg, $20,000 cars. Rather than a stripped-down EX they're buying Kias and other cheapies.

I see the Element as an excellent outdoorsman's/woman's car- which is why this 48-something is buying his. Good for hauling gear to gigs, too. Families like something you can mop baby drool and toddler spills out of. Great as a second car for runs to the garden center, too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I finally have the car of my dreams. It takes my mountain bike in any muddy or wet condition; let's me sleep in comfort wihtout having to waste time pitching a tent in the rain; hauls my drumset and percussion gear, with a PA system thrown in for good measure; holds wet packs and raingear after a weekend backpack; and I can leave it at a trailhead without worrying about it being stolen.

Very cool, even for someone reaching 50 and still ready to play.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At 37, it seems that I am an average Element buyer. I work at a Honda dealership. We have only sold one to a person under 30 years old. After I drove an Element, I had to wait two months until my orange one came in. I had a lady at a gas station yesterday ask me "what in the heck is that thing?".

·
Registered
16 Posts
don't fit the target demographics age-wise--I'll be 40 in a week, and she's 36.

·
Registered
92 Posts
First post, great site!

I definitely don't meet the demographics... 38 years old, homeowner, married, 9 year-old son.

Regards,
SOL

·
Registered
273 Posts
[quote:247f8c5e18="Sunstoke"] (Unless you are too young to afford one!) 8)[/quote:247f8c5e18]

bwahahahahaha, that seems to b the case when u play a demigraphics game... u just may b alienating those who pay the bills... anyhow, 30ish, and good thing i pay no attention to commercials... :shock:

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
...the 20 somethings can see the practical side of the element as well as the older( not trying to sound rude) crowd. I am a full time college student and I traded in a full sized luxury pickup truck for my E. Its nice to be able to just kick back in your car and not have to worry about the leather seats or getting this or that dirty.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heheheh...am i too young for the demographic?? I am 18 in november but paid 13k of the car myself, and my parents filled in the rest. I have been working since I was 10 and have saved every penny (except maybe for a N64 back in 6th grade or so). I had a VW GTI however it was a lemon. And now, I get the check from VW on Tuesday where I am goin straight to the wonderful honda dealer in ventura where they are holding my Black E EX with aftermarket custom 18 inch aluminum kickin' wheels. So ya, I am of the younger generation Y...woo hoo!
Nice to meet all of you, I'm new!
-Will

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am 53 and wife is 51.
I love my EX. purchased 03-01-2003 and have about 1500 miles on it!
Its the Shoreline Mist (silver/gray)

Have been getting 20 mpg around town, but haven't taken a long trip yet to get the hwy mpg.

Hope that answers not only this poll, but others as well.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts