Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel like a Honda salesman every other time they get into their Element at a parking lot? I have my spiel down pretty good:

Onlooker: What is that? (or) That?s the first one I?ve seen.
Me: Yeah, it's an Element, it's great.
O: Looks cute. That's a lot of plastic
M: See that Lexus over there. They all have plastic bumpers.
O: Oh, how does it ride?
M: Feels like a car but you ride high and has more space than you think. Look at that ceiling -it even has "coach doors". Those seats fold flat are waterproof too.
O: A 6 cylinder?
M: Nope I-4 and it gets 22 MPG
O: Is it 4-wheel drive?
M: Not full time but it has a differential. I get torque to all fours when I need it.
O: Wow, that's cool.
M: Yea. Thanks. 8)
Cool'

Sometimes this happens at a stoplight or when I?m at work. People just wait to talk about it. That?s cool.
Does anyone else encounter this?? And the stares when driving. Most people speed up to see the manufacturer?s emblem on the grille. I like to speed up sometimes when I know they are searching for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just read your post..........but waiting to relate to the stares you get at stoplights........as I didn't get out of my dealership tonight until 8:15, and here in Illinois, it's DARK!!!!! I am going to use some of your "dealership" comebacks on people, as I know there will be a lot of comments made.......the Element is a car you either hate or love.......I love it....as far as people saying how ugly it is.....I have a lot of friends that are "not to appealing to the eye," however, I still love them!! And, I won't have to worry about anyone stealing my Element if it's as ugly as some say!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
You know how the song goes "if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife". Guess that might work for cars too. I have a number of people stop and stare or walk over and check it out but the best was a person who backed up at a red light to get a look at the whole car. Heck, every time I look at it I think it looks a little wierd.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today in a grocery store parking lot a woman literally took off her sunglasses, turned her head and watched my Element drive out of the parking lot. Pretty cool! I've never had a "hot" car before. On the other hand, the day I picked up my Element from the dealership a woman and two men were looking at my car while I was filling out the paperwork. I walked up to them and said, "How do you like my new car!" The woman said "Do you want my honest opinion?" and walked away. Oh well, "you can't please everybody so ya got to please yourself "(Ricky Nelson).

·
Registered
7 Posts
All cars are works of Art. Some Art you glance at, some you look at and some you examine and re-examine. They say the best Art is continually being rediscovered. You look at it over and over. So it is with my Element.
It was love at first sight. I was parked next to a big older Hummer, not the H2, and my E looked like an offspring of that Hummer. It ain't pretty but it's unique.
Thinking about some nice wheels as I got the basic 2WD DX and the only option, an FM/CD player.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Funny...When I test-drove the E, there was a guy stopped next to me staring at the car. He was asking what it was. I told him, its the same thing you're driving-A Honda. He was perplexed, he never saw it before and kept staring and asking questions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I was out to dinner the other night there was a man lurking around my Element when I came out. I said, "would you like to see the inside?". He said, "if you don't mind." So we opened up all the doors and showed him the hatch, etc. He was pretty impressed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A couple was checking my E out the other day, and they asked if it was a Hyundai!! I just laughed and told them the H is for Honda and yes I do love it! 8)

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's funny you say that. Yesterday I took my through the car wash and could hear the 2 young kids say, "Is this a Hyundai or a Honda? What the heck is this thing?"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, here's the newest and most different comment I heard about by Element: Hey, it's the trash compacted Hummer! This from the toll booth guy in Deleware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts