Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel like a Honda salesman every other time they get into their Element at a parking lot? I have my spiel down pretty good:

Onlooker: What is that? (or) That's the first one I've seen.
Me: Yeah, it's an Element, it's great.
O: Looks cute. That's a lot of plastic
M: See that Lexus over there. They all have plastic bumpers.
O: Oh, how does it ride?
M: Feels like a car but you ride high and has more space than you think. Look at that ceiling -it even has "coach doors". Those seats fold flat are waterproof too.
O: A 6 cylinder?
M: Nope I-4 and it gets 22 MPG
O: Is it 4-wheel drive?
M: Not full time but it has a differential. I get torque to all fours when I need it.
O: Wow, that's cool.
M: Yea. Thanks. 8)

Sometimes this happens at a stoplight or when I'm at work. People just wait to talk about it. Not a bad thing.
Does anyone else encounter this?? And the stares when driving. Most people speed up to see the manufacturer's emblem on the grille. I like to speed up sometimes when I know they are searching for it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like to remove all the emblems from my vehicles. My GMC Sonoma SLE has no external identifying marks on it, nor does my Suzuki Sidekick Sport 4x4. I don't know why, but I prefer to have a mysterious element about my vehicles... yes, pun intended. I imagine if you removed all the emblems from the Element, even more people would be flagging you down to ask what you are driving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts