Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a specific model and emailed a local dealership to see if they had one in stock. They did. I arranged via email to stop by and have a look at it, but before I could make it down one of the sales managers called me at home to give me a song and dance.

When I originally filled out the Contact Us form on the dealer's website I didn't put down my phone number (NPA-NXX-0000) specifically so they wouldn't call - because they always do.

That sales manager LOOKED UP MY PHONE NUMBER and gave me a call. How about that? And right as I was trying to get one of my toddlers down for her noontime nap. Annoying. So I told the guy I didn't give out my phone number and I don't appreciate being called at home - hung up on him - and sent a followup email saying I wouldn't be making it to look at the Element.

What do you have to do? Beat 'em with a shovel?

LEAVE ME THE EFF ALONE - I want an Element, so don't blow it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
:shock: I met a salesman that actually suggest that I have my car stolen or crashed in order to get it paid off prior to buying my Element!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well it is a piece! That is why I can't wait for this week to begin so I can have my sweet element! :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like the same guy I talked about in my post "confrontational dealer". He was practically stalking me on my cell phone. Anyone who pulls those techniques you can be sure you'll be screwed in the dealership.

·
Registered
220 Posts
[quote:2c989bea17="VAK9girl"]:shock: I met a salesman that actually suggest that I have my car stolen or crashed in order to get it paid off prior to buying my Element![/quote:2c989bea17]

Not sure about the laws where you live, but it isn't even legal for a salesperson to give that kind of advice. Besides being extremely immoral. If you went out and attempted to have your vehicle stolen, it would be fraud. Same if you intentionally wrecked your vehicle and the insurance company could prove it. Definitely should report this to the dealership owner/GM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
:lol: Yes, its fraud - I am a federal police officer, I guess I should have told him that. I am thinking about notifying the dealership owner. Needless to say, I got my Element somewhere else!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sales manager guy did send an email which apologized profusely for his error. He admitted looking the number up and giving me a call to confirm.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I for one am thrilled with my dealer... Motorcars Honda in Cleveland Heights, OH. They had the SOP in stock a week after I visited (two actually), and although there was no 5-speed, I think I want the automatic this time anyway because of where the stick is. Anyway, the sales people there were all really friendly, they have service hours until 3 am, and free car washes on Sundays. Rock!

Drew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.