Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's hilarious that I can be someplace in my E and get prolonged stares and finger pointing even when there are Porsches, Vettes, and BMW's in the same group of cars. It's especially funny to me knowing that they paid 3-4 times as much as I did, get crappier mileage, and will pay through the nose for maintenance. Granted, I'd lose a race but the E is a state of mind much like the VW microbus of yesteryear. As for idiosyncrasies of their personality, the E's are becoming the "it's so ugly it's cute" love affair of the century. After buying mine on impulse after a 5 minute test drive and having since put nearly 13k miles on it, I'd definitely do it again, and again, and again. I'm looking forward to subsequent year models and continued innovations. I think only another E owner can appreciate the feelings that having one of these, as my friend calls it, "contraptions", evokes. Ain't it cool!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
i know exactly what you are saying. we were driving down 270 and some jerk whips around behind from 2 lanes over, then gets in the right lane and slows down in my blind spot. when i looked over i saw a family (in a BMW no less!) looking, pointing, and smiling at the E.

i didn't think he was such a jerk after that and my wife and i had a good laugh about it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Took my first road trip yesterday and had a blast. My niece was in the back seat (and said the view was great), and she kept laughing about all the people pointing and staring at my E.

Although it was a struggle, I used valet parking, and heard the funniest comment while we were waiting for the car to be brought back. A guy standing near us said to his friend, "I can't believe anyone would drive a car that looks like that!"

I marched proudly in front of him and climbed in. Thought about a verbal or figural response, but decided it wasn't necessary. :D

SOP AWD EX (and loving it!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi!
I't always amazes me that people will take the time out of their
busy day to tell you that they don't like something of yours!
Or they will say "Why would you buy something like that???" :shock: Or "Hey! I saw you new car!" "Thats DIFFERENT" :roll:
Luckily, we Element owners are totally immune to these revealing
comments from those of lesser class and taste!
I fact it's probably part of the reason why I would choose, and love
to own vehicle like this!
What makes people "cross the street" to tell you they disagee with you,
or think your nuts! :mrgreen:
The fact that this vehicle elicits such controversy, says alot for it!
There's an old saying about " it's not what people are saying
about you, whether bad or good, it's the fact that the're talking about YOU that makes you important!"

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
it's great for cruising with a couple of buddies down melrose or sunset on a saturday night, cuz the buddies can stand up and hoot and hollar at hot chicks through the rear sunroof....

i also got a stare and a smile from a hot model-looking chick riding with some mid-life crisis balding guy in a porsche on PCH in malibu the other day, so that was cool...

i love my element!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a guy in a new Maseratti checking it out. I was staring like an idiot it his car he was staring at mine. very weird. But then again I was in Midtown/Buckhead Atlanta........he could have been staring at me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It does elicit alot of responses from strangers. I find it extremly odd that people will go out of their way to tell you that they dont like it or some other stupid opinion of their own. I mean i would never walk over to someone else's vehicle and tell them what I didnt like about it. Some people are complete idiots. Luckily this is such a unique and versatile vehicle that the complements far outweigh any unsolicited negative feedback. Ive also found that some people who have made negative comments start singing a different tune once they look in the car and see what its about.
happy driving!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I went yard sale-ing this weekend looking for some antiques and almost every guy that was standing around at one had to come check out my E. I think I spent more time showing my E than shopping!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was going down the highway the other day, and a guy in a BMW convertible raced up beside me and was shaking his hands at me laughing. Didn't have a clue as to his problem. I then noticed he was holding up a set of Honda keys! Another happy Element owner! 8)

·
Registered
222 Posts
so far the best experience has been our drives through the country. Typically Mayberry setting, guys whittling on their porch, suckin' back a beer... then letting their cigs droop from their lips as they gawk at our green monstrosity drive by.

Or by the strip mall watching little kids tug at their mothers pointing "look at that!!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts