Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Element. An indicator light says that the passenger seat has no working air bag. How do I know if the drive's air bag is activated? Is it possible to get an air bag on the passenger side? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if your airbag light is on that the system senses a fault and won't work. Maybe someone with greater knowledge of the SRS will chime in.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,982 Posts
Need codes to determine what direction to go here.

Light on = no air bag deployment

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
354 Posts
that stupid light comes on after or during a hard rain. Started searching here and it seems the norm.
Or if you set a bag of groceries on the seat, it'd lite up for obvious reasons....there's a weight limit where bag won't deploy. When mine comes on, i sorta hit the seat with fist and it goes off, but then comes back on. This only lasts one day(if that) until the so called rain is gone and the car dries out. I can't rack my brain around the coincidence, so i just let it fly. Until one day when i see it on permanently, then i'll take a harder look.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
My Honda Dealership replaced both my front seatbelt buckles for free under the lifetime warranty because it was causing an airbag indicator light. I have found it also never hurts to kill the battery and allow ECU to reset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts