Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been posted before, but all I need is a yes or no answer. Is it normal to hear my air conditioner "clunk" on when sitting still when I first turn it on? That's the only time I hear it. It doesn't do it if I start the vehicle with the air on. It's just when I start the car and then hit the air button.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, it's normal, but it shouldn't be too loud and the noise shouldn't last longer than a second or two.

If the noise sounds like a grinding, or is continuous, then your a/c compressor needs to be looked at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you get the compressor out of the engine?

2005 EX

I've got the bolts loose but i can't figure out how to pull it out. do i have to pull off the intake manifold?

·
12,180 Posts
2005 EX

I've got the bolts loose but i can't figure out how to pull it out. do i have to pull off the intake manifold?

From the manual:

4. Remove the radiator reservoir tank.
5. Remove the power steering pump (see page 17-15).
6. Remove the alternator (see page 4-31).
7. Remove the front grille cover and bulkhead
(see page 10-13).
8. Remove the A/C compressor clutch connector (A)
from the A/C condenser fan shroud (B), then open
the wire harness clip. Disconnect the A/C
condenser fan connector (C). Remove the upper
mounting bolts and the A/C condenser fan shroud.
Be careful not to damage the radiator fins when
removing the A/C condenser fan shroud

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks all, not a very loud noise and it doesn't last but a second. I feel better now.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
speaking of air con problems..... i have one... when i turn the fan on high, temp to cold, the air conditioner also kicks in...... the air con and MAX A/C was confirmed to be switched off....... even though the temperature outside is also cool, but i saw water dripping from underneath.....

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
just regular vent to face and feet.... so the A/C is also on when the A/C is switched off? or is it just outside air?

also what was the procedure to test the ventilation system? i recall reading it before but couldnt find it in search

1 - 11 of 11 Posts