Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Element 05 LX: Don't use AC often, but was always OK. Lately, whenever using AC, then randomly hear a loud noise so I open the hood and look with AC running. Noticed that whenever the left fan ( passenger side ) starts then a loud click goes with it. I'm pretty sure that the noise didn't come from the fan but can't tell the source. Can you guys provide some inputs of what the problem may be ? Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
The A/C compressor makes a click/clunk when it engages the clutch. That should be on at the same time as the fan when you first push the a/c button.

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. With the AC running, whenever the fan starts, that when the loud click can be heard. I'm hearing the sound when driving on streets al the times. Never happens before.

·
Registered
174 Posts
With my windows down I can hear mine almost all the time, as the car ages the gap that the compressor clutch has to travel increases and they always seem to get a little louder. If in doubt have an A/C certified garage take a look, A/C problems can get expensive real quick.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts