Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putting this here for element owners who like air fresheners:

I bought one of those CS-X3 air fresheners from the dealer a couple of months ago for about $7 and it didn't really last long, maybe less than a month.

I recently tried a "My Shaldan" air freshener someone recommended to me, and it seems to last much longer. The squash Shaldan smells pretty good. I also had a small sample can I got for free, and its lasting pretty long for its size.

Anyone else use My Shaldan?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I've tried the Air Spencer Veneto squash air freshener in my E' and I really like the scent,but it didn't really last that long.After that,I decided to try some Tree Frog gel squash air fresheners,they smell great but don't seem to last as long either.Next I'll probably try some of those Carall jumbo squash air fresheners.:)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Try a large (3LB) box of baking soda laid on its wide flat side with many small holes poked in the top. Place this under a front seat. keep it from sliding with a loop of duct tape underneath. Absorbs many odors far about three months and it is cheap.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
How about putting Bounce fabric softener sheets underneath the front seats?

Ted
That's a good trick,I've done that in the past.:)

Try a large (3LB) box of baking soda laid on its wide flat side with many small holes poked in the top. Place this under a front seat. keep it from sliding with a loop of duct tape underneath. Absorbs many odors far about three months and it is cheap.
That's a great idea for dealing with odors,but I'm guessing the O.P. is like myself where,our vehicles don't stink,we just like them to smell really good.;-)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought a leather scent air freshener from Yankee Candle that you pump a couple times and put on the car vent. I kid you not, this smelled like leather - not some perfumey representative of leather. They only sold it in the store not online. I know a leather scent in an Element is a bit odd but mmmmmmm it smells good. They had other scents as well.

Another thing I did was put hickory chips in a plastic cup, added a little water, covered my hand over the top and shook it up and down. Set the cup in your cup holder and get ready for an awsome woodsy smell.

Does this make scents? :razz:

·
Registered
139 Posts
In my car I use an "odorGenie" which sits in the back spot of my center console. takes away all smelly scents in the car and gives a slight hint of berries.... not over barring.. I hate getting into a car where the freshener overtakes the breathing air... mine lasts about 2 months

1 - 13 of 13 Posts