I made a "CAI" today using only a 3" diameter piece of abs pipe and some rubber hose. This setup uses my factory air filter. Home depot had a bin of 24 inch abs pipes in different diameters. I bought a 3 inch diameter pipe for $5.33. I used a piece of rubber hose that was 1/2 inch outside diameter, 3/16 inch inside diameter and about 12 inches long that I already had at home ($free). First, I took out the battery. Then I removed the air silencer box assembly and stored it away but kept the corrugated rubber hose that attaches to the air filter box. Then I took the 1/2 inch rubber hose and cut a slit down the middle lengthwise. I took that hose and wrapped it around the hole on the fender that the air silencer box went through (bottom photo). This protects the abs pipe from the metal edge and helps hold it in place. This was probably the hardest part of the mod. Next I cut the abs pipe in half so it was 12 inches long. I cleaned up all the black sawdust out of the pipe and wiped it down a bit. I then pushed the end of the corrugated rubber hose inside of the abs pipe and twisted and slid it until the pipe hit the corrugated area. I then put the other end of the abs pipe through the fender hole. It sticks in there a couple of inches. Next I twisted the other end of the corrugated pipe into its original location on the air filter box. The pipe holds together by friction but is good and tight (top photo shows completed setup). I re-installed the battery, set the radio security code and clock, then went out for a little drive tonight. I could sure hear intake noise. I mashed the pedal and it seemed to have a bit more power but that could be my imagination. We'll see if I get any improved fuel economy out of this but I just filled my gas tank so I have a while to wait - plus I may have more full throttle episodes so mpg will be compromised for a while. Thanks for reading.