Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I move my vent selector to floor only, sitting person with arrow pointing down, I still get air coming from vents in dash. Is there anyway to adjust the vent control? '08 Element LX 4WD/Automatic.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
How much air is flowing through the dash vents? The owner's manual (page 103 for 2008) says, "Some air will flow from the dashboard vents in all modes." If the behavior hasn't changed since you bought the car, then it's in all likelihood normal. If it's suddenly blowing full force through the dash vents, then one of the vent-door motors is malfunctioning or not getting power.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mahalo, ramblerdan, didn't know that. It was like that since I bought the car, so I guess its "normal". Just seemed like air flow to floor was kinda "weak".

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mahalo, ramblerdan, didn't know that. It was like that since I bought the car, so I guess its "normal". Just seemed like air flow to floor was kinda "weak".
I find the same in mine. If you close the dash vents on each side you will get more heat to the floor. The same thing happened in my Subaru Outback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts