Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda Element Airbag light will not go off. I have tried unplugging the SRS yellow terminal connector which is located under the steering wheel and crossing the wires. The SRS system resets and the airbag dash light goes off temporarily and then comes back on. I have checked all of the connections under the seats and they seem fine. My next step is to replace the steering wheel clock spring, then the driver side airbag, and finally, the passenger side airbag. Can someone please offer me some advice on this issue? Is there a better/cheaper way? Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would have Honda diagnose it. I had this issue and the Honda dealer replaced my seatbelt buckles for free under the lifetime warranty and this got rid of the light.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most times it is the seat belt buckles that are causing the problem has nothing to do with the air bags here are codes Honda SRS Codes Before you spend unnecessary $$$

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was surprised ... I recently had the airbag light on my 2003. Dealer said diagnosis would be $59 to $139 but they said it was the seat belt buckle and it ended up being no charge.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I fixed my Airbag light 6 years ago following this video, so far so good, crossing fingers ...

Vince.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts