Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!!

I have a factory alarm/keyless entry that worked perfectly until I (stupidly) left the lights on and completely killed the battery. The alarm DOES go on (light blinks) but the horn does not "chirp" on the double click for lock and when the alrm is tripped, the lights will flash but no horn.

I have tried every possible thing in the operations manual, such as setting it to manual and back to automatic but no matter what I do...no horn.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

·
12,180 Posts
Welcome to the EOC jfk.

I am sure that you will get a reply with the help you need.

Please do not create multiple posts in diferent forums for the same problem.

You are free to use our search function to find relevant threads from other members that have had the same problem.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Unplug the security system control unit.

Underneath driver's dash above and left of brake pedal.

White box a little larger than a deck of cards, green connector.

Don't cut yourself on the brackets.

Count to 30 and plug it back in.

Known issue, service bulletin.

The alarm unit (which is a Honda Accessory, not a "factory" alarm by the way) switches modes due to electrical "noise" from the ignition switch.

The suggested repair is to replace the alarm unit, along with the glass breakage microphone (which is calibrated to the alarm unit).

The disconnect / reconnect harness connector reset should work, at least temporarily.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thats good to know as mine every once in awhile will change itself from active to passive arming and I have always used the key methood to reset but I like the plug methood better.:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thats good to know as mine every once in awhile will change itself from active to passive arming and I have always used the key methood to reset but I like the plug methood better.:)
Faster / easier (once you've done it once) and easier to 'splain - especially since most people don't have the accessory user's manual handy.

Manual? What Manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts