Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote:a437f3c482="jjj_11"]What is the purpose of the microphone in the security system?[/quote:a437f3c482]
I think its used to check for loud noises like shattering glass to set the alarm off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked on elementj's site and the microphone looks kinda ugly I wonder if that actually needs to be installed?

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's the glass-break sensor and it isn't particularly loudness, but certain frequencies that trigger that part of the alarm. I would go ahead and install it, as glass break is the most common break-in technique. Just put it somewhere that isn't very prominent. I don't think it needs to be in a specific location to be effective, but you should check with a professional. I am not one, and I don't even play one on TV.

Mine is on the center console. I noticed it, but wasn't overly concerned.

peace,
-jdef

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine is in the center panel, next to the gear shift. I noticed it right away after install, but I got used to it. If it helps protect my E, then its fine with me :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered the security system and had it installed. I thought the placement of the LED light and the microphone looked ugly so I had them removed. Who cares about security anyway and I like the holes that removing that stuff left. It makes a good place to store a pencil or a small flower stem (ala vwbug.)

Only kidding!!! :wink:

Actually I'm really very happy that I installed the Honda security system than aftermarket. My aftermarket ones always had lots of black electrical tape attaching wires and they never had a windshield microphone. One of them had a sensor if car was moved but I hated that one because it seemed that it was always to sensitive to things like wind and cars going by it while it was parked and Honda will still be there if something goes wrong with it while small aftermarket shops come and go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.