Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my new summer tires on and thought I ought to check the alignment, even though I have had not symptoms of the E being out of align.
The dedicated alignment shop said:
FRONT
right was 1.5 negative and the left was .5 negative... spec calls for .25 negative.
No big deal.
REAR
The rear camber was 2% negative... spec calls for 1% negative. They adjusted it as far as they could but couldn't get it adjusted all the way.... and here's the weird part... he said that the upper control arms are sacked out (my words) and will eventually need aftermarket adjustable supports, and they have seen this in other Hondas.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm nearing 70K.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good god am I the dead thread king or what?

Ok, maybe too much reading involved above... and I DID bury the lead.
so
Has anyone heard of an issue with the control arms in the rear, and will we all need to someday get aftermarket supports???

·
Registered
536 Posts
This is the first time I have heard of any rear control arm issues. Perhaps someone else would like to comment and / or chime in on the issue.

·
Moderator Eh?
12,158 Posts
Worn rear upper arm bushings or any arm bushings on a Honda is not something new. Given the age of the vehicle if the bushings are that worn out it will put the camber out. Chances are new OEM arms will fix the problem. But it may just be easier to go with adjustable arms to fix the problem.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that's good to hear that this is not unique.

So I just need to re-check alignment in a few years to see if its way out and eating up my tires?
and
Does my local mechanic buddy do it or is that an alignment shop job?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts