Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 element with2400 miles . I noticed that it's starting to pull to the right. Bumps on the road hit the E hard. Will the warranty cover fixing it?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have 2010 element with2400 miles . I noticed that it's starting to pull to the right. Bumps on the road hit the E hard. Will the warranty cover fixing it?
The warranty may cover your issue if it is a defective front suspension component but I would look at the tire pressure first to make sure it is the same in both front tires. An underinflated tire will cause a pull in either direction. Hope this helps.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
If the alignment is merely off, probably not under warranty (read your warranty agreement to be sure). If a part is defective, then yes, as Jackson49 noted. +1 on correct air pressure all around. Don't know what "Bumps on the road hit the E hard" means exactly. Does it behave differently now from the way it did on the test drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i check the tire pressure on all the tires. the front and rear tires were at 36 psi. i lowered the front to 33 psi and the rear tires to 35 psi. i will see how it drives.

the road where i live have separations in the road like the road originally was made of concrete then covered with asphalt. when the element runs over the separations, it feels as if the wheels took most of the shock rather than the tires or the suspension. having the 215/70 tires i thought that they would absorb more of the bumps since the profile is much higher. hopefully adjusting the tire pressure mitigates the problem or fixes it entirely.

thank you for your input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts