Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having a wonderful Saturday, it is absolutely beautiful outside, and am in a great mood, but alas I have tons of errands to run.....so I am out and about spotted a NHB E first thing this morning.....so another good sign that today will be great.

I am on my last errand, I pull into a parking lot and low and behold my E's twin is sitting in the parking lot....I think "WooooooooHooooooooo" and park in the spot right infront of the other E....so they are face to face....how sweet! I bounce out of my E and am looking towards the store when I see a woman walking towards the other E, she is getting out keys so I put a big smile on my face and look in her direction as I close my door.....she looks at me with a scowl on her face so big and nasty that it wiped the smile right off mine, I had been about to say hello and ask her about her E, but quickly changed my mind and made a B line for the store.....I guess E happiness is not as contagious as I had once thought!

I am so glad that I have all of the board members here to keep my E-citement at it's peak level!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Eh, she had PMS or cramps. She'll have a better day soon. We hope.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some people may not even pay attention to what kind of car they get. They may think that a car is a car is a car. They don't take into account the type of lifestyle that people think you have when you see them with their vehicle.
If you see her again and she's still the Wicked Witch of the West I recommend that you take the Element and set it free so that it can find an owner that would love it and take care of it. Kinda like Herby the Love Bug.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, returning a smile isn't hard. And, even if she didn't feel the same sense of ownership bond, any exuse to bring some friendliness onto this planet is a good thing.

On the flip side, I got a little creeped out a few days ago by another Element owner.

I had just stopped at red light when in my rearview I see this GG Element zoom in behind me (cutting off a car that was about to pull up and stop behind me). I can see it's some lady driving and she's beeping her horn and waving with this gigantic smile on her face trying to get my attention. The light turns green and I give it a little extra gas hoping to lose myself in the traffic but I can see her weaving in and out of cars trying to get next to me (apparently thinking I just did't see her). I ended up making a last minute turn into a Target and watched as she passed.

I know, I know, in retrospect a wave out of my opened window may have placated her, but it was a little odd at the time. I mean, she had the same cool car as me, whoopdy doo (I think that's how it's spelled).

For the record, I gave a friendly beep to an Element at stop light going the other way a few months back and got a friendly beep in return. This was, however, when seeing an Element wasn't a daily or even weekly occurance.

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote:8d67217384="Slowhand"]She wanted to be the only E in town for a while...[/quote:8d67217384]
That gets my vote.

I wonder what Jeep Wranglers think when see me waving from my E. I'm so used to it (it was my previous vehicle) that it's become a very HARD habit to break. :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:7d96c31c0e="tigernumber6"]Yeah, returning a smile isn't hard. And, even if she didn't feel the same sense of ownership bond, any exuse to bring some friendliness onto this planet is a good thing.

On the flip side, I got a little creeped out a few days ago by another Element owner.

I had just stopped at red light when in my rearview I see this GG Element zoom in behind me (cutting off a car that was about to pull up and stop behind me). I can see it's some lady driving and she's beeping her horn and waving with this gigantic smile on her face trying to get my attention. The light turns green and I give it a little extra gas hoping to lose myself in the traffic but I can see her weaving in and out of cars trying to get next to me (apparently thinking I just did't see her). I ended up making a last minute turn into a Target and watched as she passed.

I know, I know, in retrospect a wave out of my opened window may have placated her, but it was a little odd at the time. I mean, she had the same cool car as me, whoopdy doo (I think that's how it's spelled).

For the record, I gave a friendly beep to an Element at stop light going the other way a few months back and got a friendly beep in return. This was, however, when seeing an Element wasn't a daily or even weekly occurance.[/quote:7d96c31c0e]

Maybe she was a member of the boards...you never know.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*clapping*

OMG that was so funny that I actually LOL!

I will have to remember that...is that like the ultimate insult for an E owner???

"Hey man your bungee design sucks!"

Take that!
BAM!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:a78e55529f="psm0110"]Next time flick her off and tell her that her bungee design SUCKS. :twisted:[/quote:a78e55529f]

Bwwwwaaaaaaaaahahahahhaaha! PSM is cracking me UP this morning!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, it certainly twasn't me, although my title does make me a suspect.

However:

1) I live in Spring, Texas
2) I usually don't drive like that -- it ususally sloshes my beer.

:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
The other day, my wife and I came out of KMart and were walking towards our Silver E. I got very confused for a second, as our car seemed to be facing the opposite direction. Lo and behold, another Silver E had driven into the same lot and parked nose to nose with ours. Very cool.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:640bf0ef02="jayharley"]The other day, my wife and I came out of KMart and were walking towards our Silver E. I got very confused for a second, as our car seemed to be facing the opposite direction. Lo and behold, another Silver E had driven into the same lot and parked nose to nose with ours. Very cool.[/quote:640bf0ef02]

Nose to nose. How cute. The cars are Eskimo-kissing. :wink:

·
Registered
429 Posts
We were at the B&N plaza a few weeks back and I parked nose to nose with an E. A few weeks later the same E parked nose to nose with me. I think we've got something going on here. Next time I'm going without the wife :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts