Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Element SC A/T
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there’s a thread discussing a flip key mod but I’d prefer an all in one key and fob. Has anyone found a key like this one but with the correct FCC ID? If so, could you please share the part number? Thanks!

Camera accessory Font Audio equipment Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
292 Posts
Reactions: wannahonda

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
oh god, i clicked, then bought, then saw it was from Taiwan. ****! I'll be lucky to see it in 2 months
If it works and doesnt have any issues, it will be worth the wait, please let us know how it works out. I too would have liked a flip key but this is good too, much prefer it over having a seperate fob and key

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I bought this Key (correct Fcc-ID) and works fine after cutting and programming.
You can find your ID on your The Keyless Entry Module.... should be on the left under the dashboard.
How long have you been using it now? Thanks

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
292 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am using the Ridgeline key, Honda part: 35111-SHJ-305 they cost @60 bucks.

All Honda keys have to be programmed to your cars computer system by the dealer or some locksmiths.

It cost me 65 bucks at the dealer to get two keys cut and programmed to the computer. I programmed them to the entry system myself.

This is a high quality key and have been very happy with them.

Reactions: wannahonda

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hey All,
I think this is the freshest Ridgeline Key thread...

I bought 1 legit OEM Ridgeline key, and then 3 knockoffs from the same ebay seller as mentioned in other threads.

I called around to get dealer pricing and most are $165 for all immobilizers together, and varying $0-$30 per each key to be cut.

ALL OF THEM freaked when I said I didn't need blanks. They kept giving me a total for everything so I had to tell them I already bought keys so I could take that part out of the total.

The worst guy was almost ANGRY and threatening about aftermarket keys when I never brought it up, and swore "the cheap metal in the aftermarket keys, ruins our key cutter". The calmest one brought it up himself and said they "WILL cut aftermarket, but won't gaurantee it will work".

Now I'm kind of wondering what experiences you have all had getting them done at the Honda dealer?

·
Registered
2009 SC MRP
292 Posts
The first Locksmith says the same (..."the cheap metal in the aftermarket keys, ruins our key cutter".....blah blah).
The next Locksmith: "No problem"....(and so it was)
The Honda Dealer has no problem to program the car to the new keys.

Reactions: Legioss

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don’t understand the OP’s concern? I’ve done a flip key mod and it also has the fob built in. I have one key that does everything.

You can see my experience here:

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you mean me, I'm obviously going to the calm dealer. But since so many were agitated, I am worried about getting the wrong guy when I get there, and I'm wondering if they are telling the truth or lying. Or maybe has anybody actually gone and broken the cutter?

It'd be exra cool if somebody local said "yeah, just go to X dealer on M-F when Y is workng, and you won't have any problems". This is actually my intent if all goes well for my own trip.
No I was talking about Todd.

I had the same problem getting my key cut as well. I went to ace hardware and they gave me the same bs. I found a real locksmith locally and they cut my blank with no problems.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
ALL OF THEM freaked when I said I didn't need blanks. They kept giving me a total for everything so I had to tell them I already bought keys so I could take that part out of the total.

The worst guy was almost ANGRY and threatening about aftermarket keys when I never brought it up, and swore "the cheap metal in the aftermarket keys, ruins our key cutter". The calmest one brought it up himself and said they "WILL cut aftermarket, but won't gaurantee it will work".
Stopped by today and guess who, in less than 20 hours, now refuses to cut aftermarket keys. Also, will no longer do it for free if I pay for chip programming, which was their offer yesterday. And it sounded like thhe same guy I talked to yesterday that was great.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Stopped by today and guess who, in less than 20 hours, now refuses to cut aftermarket keys. Also, will no longer do it for free if I pay for chip programming, which was their offer yesterday. And it sounded like thhe same guy I talked to yesterday that was great.
Maybe his manager caught wind of their offer and told them not to honour it. The dealers make good profit for something as simple and fast as cutting a key and programming it and want everybody to think they are the only ones who can do it and do it well

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Maybe his manager caught wind of their offer and told them not to honour it. The dealers make good profit for something as simple and fast as cutting a key and programming it and want everybody to think they are the only ones who can do it and do it well
Even if that's the case, they still went back on the "cutting is free because you paid for chip programming with us". I thought I heard him wrong yesterday when he said cutting is free, so I made sure I heard him correctly, and he assured me it was. Today I even tried "if I buy the key from you right now, and I pay you for chip programming right now, would I still be charged for the cutting?". The answer was yes.

I feel like they let a salesguy into the parts department by mistake, and that's who I got today.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I will also note that my local dealer has no special higher key cutting abilities than a locksmith.

I had them make me a basic spare key with no fob or chip just to unlock the door in case the main key was ever to get locked in the car by accident. They warned me that this key would be a very tight fit and hard to use until it wears down from use.

They were right it was incredibly difficult. So I doubt that the dealers key cutting equipment is anything special beyond what any other key cutting facility has.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts