Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2005 high mileage ex awd that we use as a bike hauler/second vehicle. The thing has been puking out oil for years but its time for a new driveway so either the oil leak goes or the element does. The leak seemed to be coming from the rear main but also seemed possible that it was the upper pan. I figured ehh I will do it all why not im already in there. So I began the long painful process but when I pulled the tray off I noticed the front of the transmission is covered and I mean caked on covered with oil. So my issue is I have absolutely no idea how the front of the transmission is covered in oil when the block right next to it is dry. Where is it coming from am I missing something? Yes, it is for sure oil. I drained the atf and it was pretty and red and this is black and oily. So has anyone else ran into this issue? Is their a line somewhere that im missing that can spray the front of the trans? At this point I am going to continue on with my plan of dropping the cradle and trans tomorrow, replacing the rear main and resealing the upper and lower oil pan and then throwing it back together. If someone has any insight that would be great mmmkay. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts