Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I need your help.

I initially decided to purchase a 2004 EX with Side Air Bags. I've been waiting patiently until the 04's were released so that I could order one. It was going to work out nice because I wanted to pay off my wife's car before taking on a new payment. So, a September purchase date wasn't that big of a deal. Plus, finding an 03 E with SSR was a pain.

I've since decided side air bags aren't that important and am willing to purchase one without.

So, now the dilemma is - do I continue to wait and order the 04 as soon as the dealers will let me, or do I find the 03 and possibly get a better deal?

For those of you that have already purchased...what would you do in my situation with the lack of timeframe constraints that I have?

And for those that are getting ready to purchase, why the 04 over the 03; or why the 03 over the 04?

Any and all opinions are welcome. Your input could make the difference!!!

Thanks.

B

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since we're this close to September, I'd probably wait. It's sort of win-win as I see it. If there's a new option or color on the '04 then you'll have access to that. Plus, the dealers will be trying to clear the lots of '03s once the 04s begin arriving, so maybe you can find a really good deal on an 03.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Local dealer (Longmont, CO) says "no chance" when asked if dealership will "deal" on 2003 stock when 2004 arrives. Says if I order now I'm lucky to get delivery before October, but three Elements are sitting out front, in display positions, not looking like they're about to be picked up as pre-orders.
Would like to hear about experiences in other dealerships across the land?
Just shopping (for now).
MQ

·
Registered
222 Posts
Of course the dealer said there was no chance. He wants you to buy right now, not a month from now at a discount.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Since you said all opinions are welcome, I believe you made the wrong decision by deciding that side airbags are not important. I would rethink that decision and then go with whichever model year you can get the soonest or at the best price, considering what is more important to YOU. That side airbag decision could be one that costs your life. Hey, its just my opinion. I waited several months to get the EXS. I personally would not even buy the vehicle unless I could get side airbags.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses.

HeMan-Before I did research I assumed the side air bags were for both front and back seat passengers. This mattered to me as we have a 15 month old. After research I realized the airbags were for front passengers only. Still a benefit to have, but not as much as having them in the back as well.

B

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would wait as a 2004 trade-in will probably be worth more than a 2003 trade-in. That's years away, though. Of course, it's easy for me to say to wait. But you are more likely to get exactly the configuration you want as the '03's disappear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
WAIT? I admire you being able to! I would try and deal on the '03s myself. Go on the internet and see if any dealers in your area list an internet price for the E. That's what I did and went to the dealer and said I'll take it for that price. Paid 19K even for my 2WD EX auto. At first I didn't want shoreline mist as a color but I took it anyway. Glad I did.....I love the color now!

The decision is yours. I don't see any real benefit to waiting for the '04s and having owned my E now for almost 4 months, I suggest you join in on the fun ASAP! The thing is simply awesome to drive!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am sure there will be deals on the 03's especially one's w/o side bags. I went to five dealers looking for an EXS not one had it in stock, but there were plenty of EX / DX 's on the lot. With the 04's coming, they are going to deal....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am waiting for the 04's for the following reasons:
* I don't want another first year car (currently have a 01 Civic and they fix several things in the second year; e.g. suspension)
* Possible more will be added to the EX model (they did that with my Civic too; e.g. black on white gauges)
* There are no deals where I live on 03 Elements ($1,100 over invoice)

I plan on getting an EX FWD Auto with Side airbags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts