Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to hit the 36k mark...looking to do a last walk around on the E before it is out of factory warranty.

At 30k check up, dealer replaced belt tensioner assembly to rid a slight chirp and scarring of the serpentine belt that was developing...excellent service on that response from this dealer!

I really have nothing to fix. The worst thing going on right now is a brief squeal on one of the wheels/brakes when I release from a stop. Makes me think a caliper is dragging a bit so will probably have dealer take a glance. Brakes are 100% original still.

I've noted a light camber out on the rear...typical for this little rig's setup. Might have techs confirm rear suspension remains well in tact knowing there is a bit of a short run history on the rear end. OEM tires remain in suprisingly good shape for now with no peculiar wear...just those glorious soft sided Wranglers begging me daily to be retired for adoption of some real rubber.

Otherwise...she just keeps eating up the pavement to and fro on the daily commute across Houston.

Any other thoughts on systems for checking?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
check the drivers door lock

If you have a hint of any problem with the drivers ket getting stuck or being difficult to turn have them replace the cylinder.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a hint of any problem with the drivers ket getting stuck or being difficult to turn have them replace the cylinder.
"driver's ket"? You'll have to help my feable mindedness on the term...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts