Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 07 Element today with 83,000 miles. In great shape. No undercarriage rust! Gotta love cars that spend their entire lives in Colorado!
It came with an all weather cover, air mattress, carpet mats for all areas, and table legs for the spare tire cover!
Also has upgraded tires - Yokohama YK-HTX in 225/70R16 from Discount Tire!

I'm going to be using it for trips to Baja.

I'm planning on installing:
Thule roof rack with Yakima BasketCase cargo carrier and SportRack cargo box, both of which I already own.
A full size spare will go up top.
4 inch running boards
Upgraded hatch struts
LED lights where possible
Hatch tent

I'm going to change all of the fluids. Brake pedal is soft so I think there is air in the system. It appears to have had the Service Bulletin 10-017 recall done since there are caps on the VSA. Previous owner had the brakes replaced at Brakes Plus, and I'm guessing they did not bleed them correctly. I'll take it to my Honda guy and have them do the proper fluid replacement on those.

So far, I've installed a Bluetooth to Aux puck, a CD slot phone mount, and a flush 12v dual USB charger. I'm considering upgrading the head unit to a touchscreen, but that's going to have to wait until later.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks, I got used to hands free phone in my work truck, so now I would really like to have it in my Element.

I will look into it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LED Headlights, rear turn signals, brake lights. I left the front turn signal bulbs to prevent hyperflash.

Waiting on Reverse lights to arrive

·
Registered
255 Posts
Really interested in the lights you are installing, hope everything works. Following. {heck, I read all the posts, who am I kidding, LOL}

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really interested in the lights you are installing, hope everything works. Following. {heck, I read all the posts, who am I kidding, LOL}
So far so good. I left the halogen bulbs in the front turn signals and in the center brake light to avoid any ECU issues. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drain & fill power steering fluid, making sure to use Honda PS fluid.
Next up will be a few drain and fills of transmission fluid

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hatch tent arrived. Test fits OK, not 100%
Small gaps at bottom near the tailgate hinge. I might be able to add some bug screen to fill it. Overall, not bad for about $90 with poles!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Running boards next up! Glad I went with the 4 inch boards. 5 inch would be too wide I think.
Took about an hour to install. The front supports use 3 front bolt holes on each side and the rear supports attach with mounting hardware that goes into oval frame holes.
Would be nice if it had a center support. I weigh 220# and they flex a bit when I stand on the center.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,605 Posts
Removed the OEM Catalytic Converter and installed an aftermarket one.
View attachment 210656

View attachment 210657
Removed the OEM Catalytic Converter and installed an aftermarket one.
View attachment 210656

View attachment 210657
Looks like a nice job ColoradoAl! :)

Just curious: Why did you change convertors? Was there a problem with the original?

With as many Element convertors being stolen these days, that original is a hot commodity if it's OK! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like a nice job ColoradoAl! :)

Just curious: Why did you change convertors? Was there a problem with the original?

With as many Element convertors being stolen these days, that original is a hot commodity if it's OK! :)
Thanks!
No problems with the original. Cat theft is on the rise where I live. 2 vehicles on my street got hit last week. I'm glad that I didn't have the Element at home that day!
I decided to remove the OEM one and put in an aftermarket one so that mine doesn't get cut out.

I'm going to sell the OEM one. I'd rather be the one to get the cash for it instead of some low-life thief. And have it go to someone who needs it instead of stripped for scrap.
I was going to list it here, but I don't meet the requirements yet to post in the "Trading Post" section. If anyone wants to make me an offer, PM me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts