Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm trying to get Aluminess to build us a replacement bumper with swing away tire carrier (and maybe a couple of fuel cans and a battery box). They make very nice off road bumpers out of aluminum which would be perfect to keep the weight down and the coolness factor up! 8) Anyway I contacted them ([email protected]) and lined out how much an Element could benefit from having a full size spare on a lightweight swing away bumper. Mr. Gorham doesn't believe there is enough interest. :roll: So if you are like me and think they ought to make a product please shoot them an email to express your interest and/or add your name below. Aluminess isn't far from Ursa Minor (both in SoCal) so you could swing by get a pop top and a new bumper all in one trip! Mr. Gorham said he would consider it if he could get an initial order of 25 units. It won't be an economical option, probably in the $1200+ range.

If you would like to check out Aluminess here is their website http://www.aluminess.com

I'd like to see a mini version of this:

I've also seen all the negative reply's to threads like these... The 1 in a million rock through the rear window... the parking lot insurance conundrum... weight on the trailer hitch mounts (which is legit) but I am hoping with the design and engineering a bumper replacement could negate much of the weight issue for the unibody. Lets please try to just keep this to interested party's and hopefully we can find 25 people out of 20,000 who would want to make this happen. :-D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd be very interested in turning my spare tire into a full sized spare, mounted outside of my vehicle- allowing me to stow tools/valuable things where the tire once was.

So .. count me in.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
You'd have to add 300lbs worth of preload to your factory rear springs. I guess you could do that with a spring spacer, which wouldn't be too hard to make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts