Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was a long time, proud original owner of a 2010 Element 111k miles until it got totaled last March. I was beyond devastated and felt like I lost a piece of my soul. Needless to say I didn't have the luxury of time to find another element and opted to buy a new 2021 Honda HRV. It's been ok and gets me where I need to be, but it's just not an Element. So today I went for service at Honda Autonation and shared how much I'm still missing my Element. My sales person took a look online and found a 2011 EX with 95k miles @ $15,995 located in Minnesota Honda Autonation...no accidents and good maintenance, and looks super clean, etc. All in trade I will get $5k back First of all am I nuts to even consider doing this and secondly would this be a good deal?? Please help as I'm new to doing trade ins and need to make a decision pretty quickly since the 2011 probably will be sold by the end of the weekend. Anything you can share would be incredible appreciated!! Thank you SO much!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Around here you should be making money by turning in the HRV. Regardless if you like your HRV or not it’s worth more now than when you got it. Used cars are always a gamble. If the element is clean and you like it, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Fiji LX Ecamper “Ellie,” 2008 Atomic EX “Otherment,” 2003 Eternal EX Chop Top “Chop_E”
406 Posts
I am not a fan of the HRV. The Element is no power house but I feel like the HRV is a gutless pooch. They don’t have enough leg room for me and I just feel cramped in them. My ‘95 del Sol daily has WAY more leg room. Heck, my old ‘90 Miata had more leg room! I will say we don’t see any real issues or of them yet. It’s also a pretty tried and true engine, so it has that going for it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lot more safety features, better gas mileage and warranty. For 5 grand I would stick with the new car verse 11 year old car.
As others have said you need pics of the underside to check for rust. Elements and salty snowy roads don't get along. Just Google Honda Element rust recall to learn more.

The one you are looking at does look pretty clean and has a nice long list of maintenance at dealer done to it. Price is maybe a tad high but these days...who knows.

·
Premium Member
2003 EX AT 2WD
67 Posts
there 's nothing like loving what you drive...sounds like the HRV is pretty soulless...that being said, the Element you are considering is not the only one out there. If it works out good for you then awesome, if not then more will come around.
Mine had alot of work...or lack of work done by ??? it would be nice to have one well cared for with the dealer documentation to prove it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi all,

I was a long time, proud original owner of a 2010 Element 111k miles until it got totaled last March. I was beyond devastated and felt like I lost a piece of my soul. Needless to say I didn't have the luxury of time to find another element and opted to buy a new 2021 Honda HRV. It's been ok and gets me where I need to be, but it's just not an Element. So today I went for service at Honda Autonation and shared how much I'm still missing my Element. My sales person took a look online and found a 2011 EX with 95k miles @ $15,995 located in Minnesota Honda Autonation...no accidents and good maintenance, and looks super clean, etc. All in trade I will get $5k back First of all am I nuts to even consider doing this and secondly would this be a good deal?? Please help as I'm new to doing trade ins and need to make a decision pretty quickly since the 2011 probably will be sold by the end of the weekend. Anything you can share would be incredible appreciated!! Thank you SO much!!!
I traded in a 2022 Nissan Frontier and bought my Element. Couldn't be happier with the choice. I just don't care for huge touchscreens and all the bells and whistles of a new car and I was glad to be rid of the debt. The used car market is so insane I came out ahead on the truck similar to your situation and got an Element with great maintenance records that was taken care of. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am not a fan of the HRV. The Element is no power house but I feel like the HRV is a gutless pooch. They don’t have enough leg room for me and I just feel cramped in them. My ‘95 del Sol daily has WAY more leg room. Heck, my old ‘90 Miata had more leg room! I will say we don’t see any real issues or of them yet. It’s also a pretty tried and true engine, so it has that going for it.
I am not a fan of the HRV either but laughed so hard at your "gutless Pooch" description. You win today!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Sell your HRV for more yourself. Check rust underneath on the Element then see what they actually will sell it for.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes I have underneath rust but I will by a used E when I have to!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know that I am way more happy with my 2010 Element EX w/69k than I would ever be with any HRV model. Sell yours yourself if you don't mind the hassle but remember in most states you only pay tax on the difference which is 0 tax in your case. The Element is much more roomy and comfortable plus way more useful in my opinion. Plus you can most any hat in it! 🤠

1 - 16 of 16 Posts