Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a mention regarding broken lenses / unprotected lights etc

what ya'll need to seriously look into is a product that goes by a few names ~ ClearGaurd, StoneGaurd etc etc... it's a clear laminate that is applied over exposed areas of paint or other areas to protect them from flying debris.

the material used for covering lenses is extremely thick and the manufacturers off headlight breakage warranties (as they are that sure they will prevent breakage)

once installed the material hard to see unless you are looking for it ~ basically it is a clear bra for the vehicle

(BTW... NEVER EVER NEVER EVER use a fabric bra for your car... leave them on women where they belong!!) A bra will absolutely destroy a paint finish in short order.

ANYHOW.. call around.. the best place to find the protection film is a window tint shop. ~ as the film is definately not an amateur install job, regardless of what factory websites may tell you. ~ unless you know how to install vinyl sign materials or window tint ~ pay someone to do it for you.

~~~this should solve any breakage and road rock chip-paint issues

(and no, you can't cover your windsheild with it .. yes, I've been asked)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Windowtint,

Thanks, that stuff is good. They also sell it (if you want to try it yourself) in places like http://www.jcwhitney.com/

They also make a clear film that you can put on the door edges that will help with nicks and the like from other cars and from garage walls when you open the doors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
RML, I looked for the clear film for door edges you mentioned in your post. I couldn't find it at the jcwhitney website. Can you tell me the category to look for on the site? I also couldn't find any reference to ClearGuard or StoneGuard. Thanks.

Chuck

·
Registered
352 Posts
Gotta agree with windowtint on this one. Here in dusty Oklahoma, i've seen many a nice paint job ruined by a "bra". Not to sound sexist, bras are for ladies not cars. :D

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:0ea7631aa4="lon777"] Not to sound sexist, bras are for ladies not cars. :D[/quote:0ea7631aa4]

Then maybe you should get a "bro" or a "manzeer" a la Seinfeld.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Now what should I do with this extra jock strap I got...................?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can do without the "bro" but perhaps I'll get the licence plate "Assman".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts