Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So upon searching K-Tuned and CarID and such, I am not finding many options marketed for the Element specifically. Anyone know any aftermarket intakes that work well, in general, that fit the car? One issue is the intake manifold being almost against the radiator. Requires a very specific fit.

I know Injen has one, but I have seen so many posts from people saying they LOST power after installing it. Not sure what all that is about.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I looked into an intake mod and they really come into play 3000-4000+ rpm and all for 8 more hp-
But I asked myself- am I going to be high revving my 14 year old Element just for fun? NO- I'm trying to make it to the 300,000 mile club, not send it to the junkyard.
A brand new catalytic converter will probably open up the breathing of a high mileage Element more than a custom air intake would.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Save your money. A new intake will not get you better gas milage and might get you a couple extra hp but only at wide open throttle. How often are you at wide open throttle anyway? An aftermarket filter will not perform as well as the stock one which will cause greater engine wear over the long haul as well.

If you are buying it for looks or for the sound, then go for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So upon searching K-Tuned and CarID and such, I am not finding many options marketed for the Element specifically. Anyone know any aftermarket intakes that work well, in general, that fit the car? One issue is the intake manifold being almost against the radiator. Requires a very specific fit.

I know Injen has one, but I have seen so many posts from people saying they LOST power after installing it. Not sure what all that is about.
Don't bother on the intake. I put an AEM on my 2006 EX-P about a year after I bought it and honestly the change, if any, is so minute they are just expensive bling. Also it's a major pain in the butt to service the filter as it's buried in the front end inside the front fender so you have to remove the whole front clip just to clean / replace it. Truth is unless you're willing to drop some major cash on a turbo setup or the like you're better off just keeping it stock and in good running order. Honda really has done a good job engineering the E's power-plant but sorry to say it's for longevity and reliability not power. Good luck! 100_4416.jpg 100_4412.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
My girlfriend got me the [email protected] typhoon intake (made for the 03-06 Element) to compliment a Ktuner tune I got for my recent birthday. It is shielded pretty well between the battery and the fender. I also received a complimentary air filter wrap that protects the filter from dirt and water. I took it upon myself to insulate the aluminum pipe from heat soak. I have always been dubious about intakes and told myself I would never waste the money. However, I was grinning ear to ear when I got it as a present. My tuner believes it helps, so either both he and [email protected] are lying or it actually improves performance.

https://www.knfiltres.com/blog/kn-typhoon-intake-system-breathes-new-life-into-honda-element/

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My girlfriend got me the [email protected] typhoon intake (made for the 03-06 Element) to compliment a Ktuner tune I got for my recent birthday. It is shielded pretty well between the battery and the fender. I also received a complimentary air filter wrap that protects the filter from dirt and water. I took it upon myself to insulate the aluminum pipe from heat soak. I have always been dubious about intakes and told myself I would never waste the money. However, I was grinning ear to ear when I got it as a present. My tuner believes it helps, so either both he and [email protected] are lying or it actually improves performance.

https://www.knfiltres.com/blog/kn-typhoon-intake-system-breathes-new-life-into-honda-element/

Looks cool. I am aware a new intake manifold would do more but. I do enjoy the unique sound the CAI gives.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks cool. I am aware a new intake manifold would do more but. I do enjoy the unique sound the CAI gives.
The SRI [email protected] intake growls when you hit the throttle, it's a bit noisy. Was kind of ambivalent about it at first, but I have decided I like it. Thankfully it only gets really loud the rare times I stomp on it, maybe insulating it helped minimize the noise some. 626E is correct in that one must take the whole bumper off to install the Injen CAI, and to maintain the filter. I wonder how much air really gets down there? I replaced my splash guard recently and it seems pretty enclosed down there. I suppose air will travel through there but my concern was sucking up water. There have been a handful of times where it has flooded really bad here in Houston, and I have had to go through some fairly high water in the E. One time I went through water I shouldn't have, I was shaking. It was crazy. Don't plan on doing that again. E never stalled though, thankfully.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There isn’t much you can do to these engines bolt on wise. That being said, an intake like the one you have does appear to have some type of gain to it paired with some type of exhaust upgrade. The key to making any more juice with these engines is basically removing any hinderance to flow. It seems that some guys have had good luck with aftermarket resonators and larger “turbo” style mufflers. Just be aware that there is also a chance you’ll lose some power. Honda did a pretty good designing these engines to do one thing well. Just my 2 cents. Not an engineer so take as you will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts