Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey EOC, question for ya.

I'm sure everyone has seen the ad for Royal Purple up at the top of our lovely and oh so amazing forum.

Have any of you used the stuff? I've heard it's amazing, but not from an E owner personally.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i've used it in previous cars. ehh I could go eiether way

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NoScript is your friend :rolleyes:

Other than that, you've already got both answers you'll get. Some swear by it, some swear at it. It's like the old MS vs Mac or vi vs Emacs or Ford vs Chevy arguments...
*OLD* MS vs. MAC? Haha, well from my perspective these arguments continue forth :rolleyes:

Either way though, I guess I'll just have to leave it as "debatable" until someone makes it a point to tell me otherwise.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
*OLD* MS vs. MAC? Haha, well from my perspective these arguments continue forth :rolleyes:

Either way though, I guess I'll just have to leave it as "debatable" until someone makes it a point to tell me otherwise.

Thanks guys!
Fine, old like Jack Daniels vs Johnnie Walker, or Wildroot vs Brylcreem :rolleyes:

MS vs Mac is as old as the launch of Windows and the very first Mac, which is ancient history in computer terms :lol:

The point is that, like the other arguments mentioned, you'll probably never find a satisfactory answer but you'll find endless debate and quite a few fervent believers on both sides of the issue.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
662 Posts
I haven't run the engine oil, but have it in the tranny and rear of the Ford. It seems to shift a little better. (stickshift)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I should think it's more like those Chevy Vs. Mac ads, or those Microsoft Vs. Ford ads. Those things will continue forever.

:D

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is there REALLY a difference in each motor oil other than the weight?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Mr Monk and engine oil

It's a jungle out there
Propaganda in the websites that your read
"Do you know what's in the oil that you use?
Well I do, and it's amazing"
People think I'm crazy, 'cause I worry all the time
If you read those ads, you'll be worried too
Don't pay attention or the ads you read too much,
Might confuse you
It's a jungle out there

Is there REALLY a difference in each motor oil other than the viscosity? Yes, there are industry standards for oil; auto manufacturers recommend a specific minimum standard for your engine. A 1970's 10W40 oil does not meet the same standards as a 2005 10W40 oil.
Is it likely to make a difference if you aren't driving at Indy or NASCAR? Maybe. You could be driving at Waktins Glen.
In normal use, following a recommended change schedule, are you likely to notice a difference? Not unless the oil make outlandish claims, has an oddball name or empties your wallet more quickly.

Do knowledgeable people using one of their frequently visited websites notice anything about banner and flash advertisements beyond how long they delay site access, screen refreshes and reading? No

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
*OLD* MS vs. MAC?
Silly argument, Mac is a state of delusion, while MS is a strategy for turning haves into have-to-have-mores. Talk about comparing overpriced apples to wormy lemons.

I thought MS vs Mac died when Mac switched to Unix and Intel, and Debian offered nearly everything you could do with either - for free. :wink:

LLL

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts