Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evrytime it's too hot here in South Florida I have an annoying sound coming from the dashboard, it sounds like a cricket. I got the same sound when the volume is too loud on the radio, the subwoofer makes the dashboard vibrate and the sound starts again..
Anybody knows how to fix this problem, it's driving me crazy :evil:

By the way, I still love my 'E' :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had an annoying sound coming form my dashboard too. It stopped as soon as I changed the radio station. Sorry, couldn't resist some really BAD humor.

yelapa

·
Registered
65 Posts
The noise you're hearing might be the same one that many E owners are hearing coming from their dashboard. When the E has been out in the sun for a while, it's pretty quiet as everything has warmed up and expanded. Check out the thread in "Ask the dealer" and within that see "Annoying Dashboard Rattle Noise". So far, I don't think we've gotten a solution to this issue, the closest we've come is the one from Minihumv on 7/22, where he said:

"I just got my E back from the dealer tonight. They have had my E since last Friday. Here is what has happened: Took windshield out and resealed it which wasn't the problem. They have taken the whole dashboard out 2 times, put insulation and still hadn't fix the noise. They called the techline twicwe and on the 3rd time taking dash out, they had found "the rattle to be coming from body seam at firewall on the inside near right corner and resealed body seam with seam sealer." Glad to say that the noise is gone...They even went as far as taking digital pictures and emailed them to the techline for further cases."

I'm taking my E back to the dealer this morning so a Honda rep can drive the box and hear the sound for himself. After three stays in the shop, they've not solved the rattle coming from my dash yet - but I think they are getting more interested and closer to figuring it out. Maybe the note from Minihumv is the answer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts