Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have seen quite a few Elements here in Boulder (several orange ones, a green one and a black one). We've been frequenting this site for a bit now and yesterday, we finally picked up our own. We'd ordered it because we couldn't find the color we wanted (Shoreline Mist - which we really liked because it's the same color as our Land Rover).

We took delivery yesterday from Fisher Honda here in Boulder. We've had really good experiences with them in the past and they were exceptional this time as well. We had them install fog lights, step sides and the leather steering wheel cover. Today we installed keyless entry and the carpet floor mats ourselves. Our roof rack should be in this week as well. We're certainly enjoying the vehicle. I think one of our favorite things has been the line-in AUX port for our MP3 player (a 30 gig iPod). Not having to worry about bringing along CDs ever again is a huge plus.

I wanted to thank Tom for starting such a great site and for many of you for providing great answers here via your own experience.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congratulations on your new Element. Also, congratulations on your color choice. I have the SMM and I think it is classy. By far the best match between body color and the color of the composite panels (of course that is just my opinion). If you are like most of us, you will love it more every day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, we really are enjoying the vehicle. I think we're enjoying our choice to get it as much as the fact of owning it. It just seemed right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just drove thru Boulder last week on my cross country trip. I really like your town. Kind of a progressive college town. Clean, nice shops, beautiful promenade and next to all sorts of recreation. I'm glad I bypassed Denver!

(T) Estes Park was nice too, but not nearly as sincere.

MikeY

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mikey, glad you enjoyed Boulder (or as we locals call it, The People's Republic of Boulder.....or the little town between the mountains and reality). We're consistently rated the top outdoors town in the nation and the people here are generally the good sort. Estes is great as well (we stop there on our way to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know, Jersey boy, Samuel Johnson said, "There lurks in every human heart a desire of distinction, which inclines every man first to hope, and then to believe, that Nature has given him something peculiar to himself."

So, if that "something peculiar to you" is your black Element, then who am I to harsh your mellow?

To my eye the only black vehicle that looks good (and I mean "only") is a black Porsche Boxster S with a red leather interior, however.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have 'black' myself, so I have to agree that it's the best... but that's me, that's what I chose... everyone has their own thing...

peace,
tony j.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I find black to be my favorite as well because to ME it makes the E look kindof sleek But in my opinion Silver is a great color for hiding scratches and blems so I went with SSM. A girl down the street just took delivery of her new black AWD EX 5 speed and it looks hot with the side steps, fogs, roof rack w bike attachment and mud gaurds. When I see her's driving past I say to my self " I like her's better" but i realize that silver is easier to maintain.

[quote:f333679826="toekneejay"]I have 'black' myself, so I have to agree that it's the best... but that's me, that's what I chose... everyone has their own thing...

peace,
tony j.[/quote:f333679826]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No question on keeping the silver clean. That's one of the reasons we liked the Shoreline color. I also think we preferred the color because it shows the contrast of the panels better than a darker color (much like the silver).

It would be a boring place if we all liked the very same things though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote:9eb5ab22db="William F. House"]It would be a boring place if we all liked the very same things though.[/quote:9eb5ab22db]

We wouldn't have horse racing if it weren't for a difference of opinion.

Hey, wait a minute, this applies to politics as well. Maybe there is a correlation between a politician and a horses' a..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Me Personally I choose the GGM because I'm living in a hot climate... (New Mexico) and I needed something cool yet refined. Additionally I'm thinking of driving on up to CO to do a bit of snwboarding once I get a RR with the SB atachment. 8) Hows the powder in Boulder?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Been there...done the black and chrome thing.....
Sharp as heck when it's clean or from a distance, half clean....
but give it 3/4/5 years.....Got rid of a 00 dodge dakota, all pretty in
black and chrome, not quite show but close.....the SSM EX doesn't look as sharp, been called fugley....but 5 years from now will not look "tired".
Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nemo, the powder should be good here soon (well, not HERE here...Boulder isn't in the high country, you know) - still a bit early. We lived in New Mexico for two years, by the way. Having moved there from Louisiana (where we're both originally from) it was very novel....at first.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts