Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After stepping on several rods in the past, I decided to rig up a quick little mod to store them.

There are several other ideas the forum that I think look a little cooler, but I usually have rear passengers so I had to find a way to keep everything as high as possible.

I think the pics explain things pretty well - I basically went to Lowes and bought a length of plastic gutter. I cut it to extend from the front ceiling storage thingy to about 3/4 down the sunroof. I then trimmed the sides down where it sticks into the ceiling cargo thingy so that it wouldn't cut into the ceiling fabric. At the rear I found two suction cup hooks, drilled a hole into each side of the gutter and viola.

Now as long as it doesn't fall down, I think I'll be ok! The suction cups seem pretty tight, at least for now - not so sure after road vibrations and summer heat, but we'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmmmm

Out of desperation, comes inspiration.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, $10 and about 30 minutes of work and I'm going to keep it, but the poles rattle soooo much. My mother is sewing some sleeves to put my fishing rods in, so that should do it. I think I could also line the inside of the gutter with foam rubber, too.

Woot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts