Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a little under a week since the original installation of a black grill from C.R.....and this morning I noticed that the upper grill had come appart from the OEM grill......I noticed the 1st day that the clips for the upper grill seemed a bit small compared to the square holes they're suppose to clamp on to......has anyone else had this happen??....

I may go ahead and get some washers and put them in between the clip and the turning screw....any comments...? :roll:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mine has done than twice now, where one upper clamp has come loose. Luckily, we noticed before the second one came off. Let me know if the washers make a difference.

The lower grill has been fine.

Kristi

·
Registered
894 Posts
I did this some time ago. I was very disappointed to see how close the fit was to the grill. I added a big black rubber washer to stop it from puling through and a steel washer over it to clamp against. Works like a charm. And yes, you have to take the radiator cover off. But that's dead simple. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:dcaf9560b4="HEK"]It's been a little under a week since the original installation of a black grill from C.R.....and this morning I noticed that the upper grill had come appart from the OEM grill......I noticed the 1st day that the clips for the upper grill seemed a bit small compared to the square holes they're suppose to clamp on to......has anyone else had this happen??....

I may go ahead and get some washers and put them in between the clip and the turning screw....any comments...? :roll:[/quote:dcaf9560b4]

It's happened to me once. I'm about to take the top cover off and use some black cable ties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts