Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all

I registered last week but got too caught up in the holidays to get to this, and prior to that I had been lurking around for a few months soaking up all the info here.

I'm 23, bought my '04 EX a little over a year ago from the VW dealership my dad works at. Within a week I packed all my worldly possessions into the E (which just about filled it up) and drove it straight from Austin, TX to Seattle, WA, and I've been here ever since. In that little over a year I've put 13K more miles on it (bringing it to about 65k total) and could not be happier with a car. It treats me well and gets me everywhere I need to go.

In the past two weeks I got it some new front brake pads, and had a new set of 225/70/16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S's put on it. On my own I bled the brakes and changed the power steering fluid, along with some other maintenance. I would not have known to do or HOW to do all this stuff, nor would I know 90% of what I do now about the E, if not for this forum. So thanks EOC!

Also, here she is:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome pastycrab!

Hi, all

I registered last week but got too caught up in the holidays to get to this, and prior to that I had been lurking around for a few months soaking up all the info here.

I'm 23, bought my '04 EX a little over a year ago from the VW dealership my dad works at. Within a week I packed all my worldly possessions into the E (which just about filled it up) and drove it straight from Austin, TX to Seattle, WA, and I've been here ever since. In that little over a year I've put 13K more miles on it (bringing it to about 75k total) and could not be happier with a car. It treats me well and gets me everywhere I need to go.

In the past two weeks I got it some new front brake pads, and had a new set of 225/70/16 Yokohama Geolander AT/S's put on it. On my own I bled the brakes and changed the power steering fluid, along with some other maintenance. I would not have known to do or HOW to do all this stuff, nor would I know 90% of what I do now about the E, if not for this forum. So thanks EOC!

> I'll pass on the sentiments recently bestowed on me by others here: Welcome and Congratulations on a purchasing great and wonderful car!
NBP is the prettiest black paint I've ever seen.

Interesting that your dad works at a VW store. Did you look at or consider a Tiguan? I didn't buy one either!

My '05 CK LX MT RT4WD E has Geolandars on it too. They were on it when I got it 11/11/09 and I don't know how many miles are on them, but some folks in the EOC like them. They seem to work well, so far.

Add the info. available from the EOC to what you get with a Helm Service Manual for the E and there is almost nothing I'm not willing to try.
The EOC is the BEST!
Cheers,
John :-D

·
Registered
873 Posts
welcome !! and keep up the diy work. you will shortly know more than the honda tech's. just keep reading,(and sometimes read between the lines if you dare)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting that your dad works at a VW store. Did you look at or consider a Tiguan? I didn't buy one either!

My '05 CK LX MT RT4WD E has Geolandars on it too. They were on it when I got it 11/11/09 and I don't know how many miles are on them, but some folks in the EOC like them. They seem to work well, so far.
I wish I could afford a new Tiguan. At the time I was only 4 or 5 months out of college, had not owned a car yet, and wanted something reliable, fairly cheap and very utilitarian. Dealership just so happened to get an Element on trade and I was looking for one after having been inspired by a segment on Top Gear featuring the E. :grin:

My dad is driving a 2010 Tiguan right now, and when I went back during Thanksgiving I got to check it out. Tis very very nice.

As for the Geolanders, I've only had them on for a few weeks but I love them. The tires I had on before were some Dunlop highway tires that the previous owner installed probably a couple years ago. They were okay in most conditions, but after a year of hard driving they just weren't cutting it, especially on the slippery, hilly and abusive roads of Seattle. I never really thought of Austin as having nice roads until I moved to Seattle. Sheesh. :twisted:

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the Group

I love Top Gear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts