Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new element but it has two or three noises that can be annoying. A metallic clank under the hood typically appears in three situations. (1) I back out of a parking space on level ground. The clank sounds when I lightly step on the brack after going forward a ways. (2) Putting on the brake when backing into my driveway. (3) braking while coming of the freeway after going fast for awhile. The basic idea is that the clank is associated with braking after changing momentum (e.g. forward then reverse). You can feel it in the brake pedal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
fcal there is another post in this forum that deals with this exact problem that you are talking about. Sounds like your break pads are shifting back and forth. Honda knows of this problem and is easily fixed by filling the gap between the pads and the brake brackets. Your dealership already knows about this and should have the documentation for the mechanics on how this is to be fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kassy thanks very much for the advice. I believe that you must be right. I now get the clunk when I hit the brakes going down the ramp coming of the freeway. Hope it won't turn into a dagerous thing before I get it fixed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i've noticed the noise in 2 other 2003 honda accords, and our element.the dealers said it was the abs, nothing out of the ordinary.
just the brakes setting themselves against the rotors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with that noise, every time that I put my car on reverse, I took it to the Dealer this morning, they checked and said that is normal, the brakes adjusting to the callipers and that will make the brakes last longer. we'll wait and see....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts