Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you install these speakers in the front and back location (Have a 2008 LX) do they just screw into the original factory holes or do you have to drill new holes into the plastic? Not sure if it’s a good idea to just put screws in plastic and hope that they hold! If you do have to drill new holes what other approaches have people used to install them?

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Not sure if you have to make new holes when installing these speakers, but if you do, you can always drill the holes and use a speed clip (often provided with the speakers) to go over the hole. It provides an anchoring point for the screws.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
When you install these speakers in the front and back location (Have a 2008 LX) do they just screw into the original factory holes or do you have to drill new holes into the plastic? Not sure if it’s a good idea to just put screws in plastic and hope that they hold! If you do have to drill new holes what other approaches have people used to install them?

Thanks,

Al
I have 6501's up front and 651's in back. They won't line up perfectly with the existing holes so you will have to make new holes in the plastic. Just put the speakers in the opening at a slight angle and mark the new hole locations with a pencil, white marker, or liquid paper. Then just set the speaker aside and drill small pilot holes. I personally used course threaded drywall screws but the screws that come with the speakers should work just fine. Check my signature line for pics. :cool:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have db651's all around. BigAl205 is right, the holes don't line up exactly. You can hit one or two per speaker, but then will have to screw into the plastic for the other ones. I used the screws that came with the Polk's, and they seem to hold fine. You just don't want to take them in/out a lot.

By the way, the Element was the easiest vehicle I've ever installed speakers in. I used the speaker harness adapters, too; which made it even easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts