Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems lately when I am forced to drive through semi deep water that after a little while my engine starts to emit this loud chirping noise that gets louder when I rev me engine. If I pop my E into Neutral and then back into Drive it usually goes away. I don't know if this has anything to do with the defroster or if something in my engine bay is getting wet that shouldn't be getting wet.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm I am 24 and I have never changed a belt before. Should I have it done for me? If so at the dealer or would a third party be fine?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It does sound like your belt is slipping on one of the accessory's like the Alternator. It might be ok as the water getting on it will cause it to slip if there is a load and then get traction when it dries out. Look for glazing on the groove side or small cracking in the grooves also. If it is in that shape is will need to be replaced. This problem use to be a lot worse on the old V belts.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. Assuming it is my serpentine belt that is slipping and needs to be replaced can I go to a place like Pep Boys and have them replace it? Anyone have a ball park figure as to how much that would cost?I have a little over 73,000 miles on my E and haven't replaced the belt yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.