Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have a set of 18x8 +50 wheels. wondering if anyone has tried a 245 55 18 tire with success. looks like it would be close. also considering a 235 60 18 which will fit. not going to lower it so wanted to fill a little more of the gap up. might have to get spacers? I searched and found lots of 18x7.5 on +45 working, but not the extra width and 50 offset. Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well if anyone is interesed, went ahead and got them. hopefully get them on soon. My plan is to space them out if need be. found 245 55 on +45 on here. so worst case I need to get 5 mm spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Here you go, this will give you the answers you seek:

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Here is what I get when I compare your new set up with my stock SC setup:

Suspension:
Package is 15 mm (0.6'') closer to suspension/brakes components. Acceptable for most cars.

Fenders:
Package will stick out 5 mm (0.2'') farther. Acceptable for most cars.

Wheel Wells:
Will fill out the wheel well by extra 11 mm. Acceptable for most cars.

When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 61.9mph (99.7km/h): 3.2% faster.

The tires are a little tall, I would have gone with 245/50-18.

Keep us posted with pix!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
website didn't work for me....but cool info. I wanted the taller tires since I decided not to lower the ride. looking to fill the wheel wells just a bit more. thanks for the info. didn't get them over to the tire shop today like i had hoped. Hopefully one night this week. that and the bfgoodrich in that size is going really cheap all over the place. 76 each at tirerack. and discount tire will beat the price if you call them. and if you buy four bfg is doing a $60 rebate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts