Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kiwi is scheduled to land tomorrow evening!!!! All the way from somewhere in NY to my humble little town, it's journey will be complete tomorrow evening. (according to plan). Build up is 08 EX AWD 5MT Kiwi :p

I have been hesitant to mention anything for fear that something would fall through, but now that I have a VIN in my hand I feel pretty safe. It should be traveling as we speak, getting the old dealership detail tomorrow, and delivery is scheduled for tomorrow evening.

I stumbled on to a local dealership that is willing to track down vehicles within 400 miles of the dealership. Spoke with them on Saturday and secured everything yesterday. 0.9% for 48 months is a sweet deal.

Gotta get the fog lights on their way from H&A.... as well as the dead pedal and floor covers from Ursa Minor. (my dog will thank me for the floor covers).

Big thank you to everyone who has offered insight and encouragement along the way.;-)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
:DKeep those fingers crossed and don't forget the Pics!

Best of Luck, let the modding begin:cool:

Bob

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Welcome to the family.

Bonasera. Bonasera. What have I ever done to make you to treat me so disrespectfully. If you had come to me in friendship then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies then they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats...I like the color...we didn't get the Kiwi Green in Canada for 08 :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
The color is correct

Congrats. Nice taste in color too!
I cant argue with brilliant logic like this.....

Now send me some cool camping gear!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Congrats on the new e
Patients my friend and it shall all be yours....:D
Hope all goes well and you have her/him/it in your driveway soon..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is official. Conditions were treacherous but we forged on and completed everything last night. I cannot explain how happy I am with both the dealership and the E. Right now it is DIRTY from all the salt on the PA roads, but I am planning on a quick spray off on the way home and some shots to follow.

My father went along to the dealership last evening to contemplate trades for his 08 accord v6. After dinner, he spent the entire ride home watching the lunar eclipse from the moon-roof in the back. I found this extremely entertaining as the first thing he said when he looked around in it was "why is the sunroof back there?" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
It is official. Conditions were treacherous but we forged on and completed everything last night. I cannot explain how happy I am with both the dealership and the E. Right now it is DIRTY from all the salt on the PA roads, but I am planning on a quick spray off on the way home and some shots to follow.

My father went along to the dealership last evening to contemplate trades for his 08 accord v6. After dinner, he spent the entire ride home watching the lunar eclipse from the moon-roof in the back. I found this extremely entertaining as the first thing he said when he looked around in it was "why is the sunroof back there?" :rolleyes:
Congrats on finally getting it. too bad it's kiwi.

Post a pic of the dirty Kiwi. The only good Kiwi is a dirty Kiwi. :D

·
Registered
5,265 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Congrats and welcome (again)!! I went the same route to get mine - it came from a dealer 300 miles away, and we drove 300 miles each way to pick her up. Still don't regret any of it. :D:D:D

Can hardly wait to see her....... :rolleyes::cool::D:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks pretty much like any other baby E. Only difference is that this one is MINE! (in all it's slush covered glory):D

Drives like a champ in the adverse conditions. The car I traded in on it was a Subaru Impreza 2.5i and I do not have enough seat time in the E yet to compare and contrast the two AWD systems. The Subaru was ok, but tended to get very rear biased and then tail happy when the surface was less than optimal. It could really catch you off guard at times.

Looking forward to tearing into a few things when the weather improves a little bit. For now I think that I will just go make some reservations for the International Meet. At the very least I can drive in style and post without feeling like a total poser. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Thanks for posting pics of your dirty Kiwi. :)

The front seat head-rest are funky. Very different from my '05. But I like.

-g

·
Registered
478 Posts
The First Rule of the Kiwi Mafia.....

......There is no Kiwi Mafia :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts