Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: This may have already been brought up but not during my time here so sorry if it has. Im 18 and i was just wondering if anyone in this age range beside's me owns a E? :wink: just tryin to figure out what other teens on here own a ELEMENT!

:D Best car i have ever had did i say car (SUV!)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
21 and lovin it. :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my Element 2 weeks ago and I'm 18 years old! It's the perfect car for college. I got a Shoreline Mist Metallic EX 2WD with carpet floor mats, cargo area tray and splash guards.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can't speak for the others but I have been working full time since 17. I may have been able to afford the E living at home or even w/ a roomate, NOT living alone. I had a new car in college but it was a Saturn, a bit cheaper then the E. However, there were kids on campus that had Hummers, Jags and BMW's-- that's what I don't get :?: Oh well, maybe mom and dad helped? Leases can be cheap too...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
[quote:8307e9b282="MrAnderson"]How do you afford the payments?[/quote:8307e9b282]

someone on another site asked me the same thing... and i replied with the fact that i have been working forever and i paid $8000 down and with my good credit, paying $330 a month over 48 months (2.9%)...

but $330 represents about 30% of my take-home pay... and apparently the rule of thumb for a car is if you have to spend more than 20% of your take home pay on a car.... you can't really "afford" the car as he told me. go figure... i guess it would be true if I had more "major" expenses such as house payments, but since I have no need to live away from home... the only major expense i have is the car... so i guess i can afford it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D yeah i have been working since i was 13 working contracts for cutting grass and etc did some footers with my grandpa now i work for my dad and what not i get paid every 2 weeks and i work full time (@ time's) my pay cheack is usually around the $400 range and my E payment is $393 not bad i traded in my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse which i owed $7,500 own it i bought new. so one paycheck a month goes to the E and the next is all mine!

:D Redpunk- your not old,i wasnt really thinkin and threw downa age haha.

:) while lol today this girl came up to me and wanted to see my car and i was like showing her everything and how the seats made into a bed and she then came out of the blue and wanted to know if i was dating anyone and i said not right now and then she said she would rock my world 8) what a great day!

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:ed4e4c3d22="DahuiHawaii"]while lol today this girl came up to me and wanted to see my car and i was like showing her everything and how the seats made into a bed and she then came out of the blue and wanted to know if i was dating anyone and i said not right now and then she said she would rock my world 8) what a great day![/quote:ed4e4c3d22]

Sure.

You should have started your post with: 'Dear ElementOwnersClub.com Forum, I never thought that the letters to your magazine were real, but . . . '

Now I think the Element is great, but I just don't see it as a chick magnet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can I qualify? I am 64 but my SMM Element makes me feel like I am only 21.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't think I would want a girl that wants a guy who has a bed in his car . . . Oh wait, I am that guy now (arrrggghhhh, can't win).

·
Registered
106 Posts
24, I guess I missed the range too.
Anyway, I live alone, pay about $360, and the E is about 18% of my salary. And this is my first "real" job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, I fit into the age bracket at 17, 18 in November... I've had my SOP three weeks now, and every day I like it more and more. I was originally thinking I would get a lot of crap from people in that age range, but I haven't received one negative comment yet. The bed does impress everyone :)

Erin
Sunset Orange Pearl EX 4WD

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote:bc263bb3e8="ErinMacker"]Yep, I fit into the age bracket at 17, 18 in November... I've had my SOP three weeks now, and every day I like it more and more. I was originally thinking I would get a lot of crap from people in that age range, but I haven't received one negative comment yet. The bed does impress everyone :)

Erin
Sunset Orange Pearl EX 4WD[/quote:bc263bb3e8]

:D Mahalo you got straight to da point of what i was looking for,I mean before i got it i read that it was suppose to appeal to the teenager but it had been selling for the da forty's range so i was like :oops: i was hopeing i wasnt the only teen on here with a E! :wink: I love my ELEMENT to it feels so good to get out of the teenage sports car stage they are so small and its like a competition to fix dem up i never really was into them and the fast and the furious movie didnt help mine was always full of sand i had my Dahui and surf decals all over it and my soft surf racks which tore it up! i couldnt drive it out on the beach no room for friends it suxed! So now i got my element i have alot of people comming up to me asking about it and wanting to see da inside and many looks while driving i love the SOP color woo-hoo once i saw that i had to get it! Now i can just drive out on da beach and stay and surf woot woot!

:roll: why didnt they just put da racks on stock?

·
Registered
159 Posts
overthehillbill: "the Nash is even uglier than the Element". Wash your mouth out with soap, old man. That statement implies the E is ugly. It is a beautiful vehicle. Now the Nash, that is a different story. That was about as ugly as the Henry J. Wonder how many people on here know about that vehicle? We oldtimers have seen a lot of ugly vehicles in our day. Another that comes to mind is the Edsall.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 22 and as some of you have prolly read I'm in the Air Force.. I pay about $300 a month on my E and another $217 in insurance.. damn Geico.. anyways I've been hit on by older ladies while they were checking out my GGM E while I was in Best Buy. I think the E is a good chic mag....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:wink: i think it is a chick magnet to,maybe to a certain type of dem all da room we have unlike a car and every chick says it looks like a mini hummer!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts