Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up here in canuck land, it can get mighty cold. Has anyone highway driven their ELEMENT in -30 celsius weather? Do all of the windows stay clear of frost? Does the cab keep warm?

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote:3f9d649d3e="Elementary"]Up here in canuck land, it can get mighty cold. Has anyone highway driven their ELEMENT in -30 celsius weather? Do all of the windows stay clear of frost? Does the cab keep warm?[/quote:3f9d649d3e]

-30 celsius? Translate that into Farenheit and I'll try to answer. :lol:

It's hovered around the zero mark (Farenheit) here in Western New York quite a few times in the month I've had my Element, and I've never had problems with the heat or frost on the windows. Everything works like a charm, even in the very cold.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
in DE it has been in and around 30 Farenheit.. and the warmth is amazing, it circulates wonderfully and i have never seen clearer windows.

Elementary: Have you experienced problems in your zone???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-30 Celsius is around is around minus 22 Farenheit and with the wind-chill it feels even colder. Yesterday's wind-chill warnings were approaching minus 40, hence the question. Thanks.[/quote]

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live in Washington State, the eastern and snowier half and the one thing that I love most about my Element is the defroster. My Green EX has the airconditoner decompresser come on to extract the moisture from the interior when the defroster is on. The manual states this I believe. Nothing is worse than frozen dog breath. I have never had a car that defrosted the windows so well as my E.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I was also shocked how incredibly well the Element's windows defrost, and how even the interior temp is.. very surprised and impressed! I have never had a vehicle that did that 1/2 as well!

I am curious though with the Canadian clan.. and their 40 below(Farenheit) weather how well it does up there! Any one up there.. ?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well, not quite that cold, but did take the E up to New Hampshire. The temps outside were in the negitives at night, and got up to the teens.

The Element heater was wonderful. The defrosters, both front and rear worked great.

I went and replaced the washer fluid with the rain-x winter mix, and it worked great to melt any ice, and put a nice coating on the windshield of rain-x.

I am sure the Element will work as well, even if and when it gets colder.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, I follow the manual's advice on defrosting (yes, I sat down and read the manual!). Turn the air circulation to recirculated when first defrosting the outside window, but make sure you switch back to fresh air or the windows will get fogged up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in Northern Minnesota and also work nights. Have started and warmed up my Element at minus 15 farenheight without problem. On the way home I had to turn down the heat! As far as snow goes El Nino is limiting our snow fall. I am seriously jealous of all the East Coast people on this site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Elementary,
I test drove one two times during a horrible cold snap in Montreal (-38 to -40 with wind chill).I actually had to lower the heating and the windows showed no signs of frost.
My second ride was easily over a hlaf hour and no signs of problems.
Hope that helps,
Nick
:shock:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You mean the rear side windows stated clean? We test drove on the highway on a -20 to -25 day with an awesome wind chill and although we had the fan lower than MAX, the windows started icing. This made it horrible for shoulder checking. It is a concern. I think that we have to go and test drive again and this time, have the defrost on MAX.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
me too, i am impressed by how quickly and how thoroughly the windows defrost and stay defrosted i have had problems withthis in other vehicles.. soo that really wowed me, and i have not cracked it all the way to do this.. you might want to check ont hat again, that is just odd that it did otherwise for you Elementary though max might be needed in such an extremely cold area like where you are.. good luck keep us posted!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts