Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed my hitch selection down to 2 hitches. Is there any difference between these two? The directions are the same and the pictures look the same but the install time and difficulty ratings are different.

Which should I go for?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
See if there are installation instruction links (under 'more info'?). Those instructions generally give a better idea of geometry and such than the photos.

We do know that Uhaul was putting their label on the Valley Hitch, and some recent cases the Draw-Tite one. So it wouldn't surprising if the Hidden one is the same.

Hidden used to sell one with a 1 1/4" receiver.

·
Registered
161 Posts
they are all the same in my opinion. i was going to buy one from etrailer, but then got one from ebay. installed it myself. (quite easy)

i got the hitch and they included a free wiring harness. with shipping $140.

tam

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only differences between 75659 and 87506 are the sticker and $1 in price.

If you look at the upper right corner of the instructions, you'll see both part numbers plus another (44612) which Google tells me is the Reese p/n.

Good Luck

·
12,180 Posts
I did some searching on the net and found this page.

http://www.towingproducts.com/

Heese hidden hitch and drawtite hitches owned by the same company Cequent Towing Products

Cequent Towing Products is the parent company of Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and Reese, as well as new brands ROLA, Tow Ready and 5th Gear. Although the name Cequent Towing Products is relatively young (2003), the brands under this corporate umbrella have been the leaders in the recreational towing market since 1946.
Collectively, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and Reese represent well over 155 years of towing expertise and performance. With over 500 employees located around the United States and the world, Cequent-Towing Products and the now-famous brands Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch and Reese form the largest and most well-known towing products manufacturing and sourcing company in the recreational towing industry.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just purchased a Draw Tite from U-haul (moments ago), and then found this/your comparison post, which helped remedy the second guessing over having not gone with Hidden Hitch, so thanks for the post! Nice to know they're essentially the same b/c it's only costing me $170 in parts and $70 for the install, with electric and lifetime warranty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts