Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd have my E dang near forever. However, I've also discovered that a Truck would be significantly more useful for a lot of what I do. My sister is about to graduate high school and get a car blah blah. So, parents might be buying my E from me for her and I might be looking at trucks. Of which, the Tacoma seems to be pretty much superior to the others in its class and perfect for my needs. Anyways, how many of you other eoc'ers have Tacomas? What do you think of them? What would you change, or what do you miss about the E when you're in your taco?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had an E - traded it for a double cab tacoma - and now am back to an E. I thought the Tacoma was great if you have stuff you just want to throw in the back, but if you have dogs you want to haul, it doesn't beat the E. And the E is more comfy for extra passngers as well. If I was still into motorcycles I'dve kept the Taco maybe, but nothing beats the E for versatility. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been a long time since I checked in here, and now I find this old thread to resurrect! Still have my E, still love it, but now I have a new love! Bought a stinking new 2015 Tacoma TRD Sport. Two very different vehicles, each with its own qualities. Some stand out comparisons:
I can drive the Tacoma at freeway speed without stopping at every third gas station. The E sucks up the gas pretty fast at speed, but the Tacoma just loafs along on its two extra cylinders.
I do miss the hell out of the extra headroom in the E. Damn truck is big, but no headroom. Have to get in it like it was a sports car.
I have a hard trifold on the bed, and discovered that the depth of the bed sucks like the lack of headroom! I can actually get more crap in the E than in the Tacoma bed! (one rear seat in storage)

All in all, if the E was still being made today, I'd rather have a new E than the Tacoma. Shhhh! It might hear you laugh!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just noticed this thread. I have an E 2010 and a Tacoma dcsb 2012. I daily the E and love it to death. The Tacoma tows our travel trailer and is 'purpose built'. I flog it and drive it like I stole the Tacoma when I drive it. But the E is my baby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts