Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm usually the first to giggle at products from Monster. Penny Arcade had a fine explanation of the benefits of their power strip, for example. But this one appears to be pretty well thought out with respect to features, reasonably priced, and honestly, how could they mess it up?

Of course, the reviews on Amazon and other sites are split evenly between "meh" and "extremely bad", claiming essentially that the audio that comes through it is too hot for the line-in on a stereo causing horrible distortion.

I'm wondering, however, if anyone as tried one in an Element with a 3GS. I suspect that all lines-in are not equal. Is this thing total garbage, or did they just not test it in enough cars?

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh neat. Griffin has a similar product that claims to charge the phone. Amazon says the Griffin AutoPilot charger (2010 packaging) isn't available yet. It will have a high/low switch to pad the line-out, though, which should solve the clipping problem that the Monster thing's reviews complain about.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SX0O34/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'll order this thing and report back when it arrives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing is tiny, Snuffleupagus!

The Griffin arrived tonight. This thing seems to work great. It plugs into the 12V outlet above the glove box, and comes with a little wire that goes from there to the line in. Sound quality is fine on "low". The only thing I dislike is the throbbing glowing charge ring. Wish I'd had it for the long drive to last weekend's camping trip! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts