Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:4a7bb2d6fb=" "]I will have a 7' Fiamma auning put onto the driver side for shade.[/quote:4a7bb2d6fb]

Cool stuff.

One thing though: would it not make more sense to put the shade on the passenger side, where there's no annoying steering wheel in the way?

That'd definitely open it up. I think in the product photos of "hanging out in the dorm room on wheels" Honda typically shows the passenger side.

The basket, the bike mounts etc. are all cool. But I'm waiting for those shade pics! Preferably also involving a grill or fishing pole, and your feet up on a cooler! :)

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:b18d0f4550=" "]The only issue with those track systems is that Sportsrack will not certify them for the full 150 lbs that the rack can hold. Only 75! This is because the roof material on the E is rather flimsy to attach the rack to.[/quote:b18d0f4550]

How do the tracks attach???

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
So, to install them, you have to remove the headliner? That's crazy!

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
Wait, so there's no nut on the other side of the roof either? That's crazy! :)

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:217e2b02c9=" "]Yakima (and Thule?) prefers to use Plusnuts, which they describe as:
"A Plusnet is a 'blind' fastener that, once installed, provides a threaded screw hole in sheet metal. It works a lot like a molly bolt in sheet rock, only much stronger and is made of stainless steel... We recommend them .. to avoid having to remove a vehicle's headliner ..." (from the FAQ for their Tracks).
[/quote:217e2b02c9]

Thanks paul. I googled plusnut. As they say, sometimes a picture is worth 100 words:

Now I understand.

-brendan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.