Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Just got finished adjusting everything to fit yesterday, I have the Thule racks with 65" bars, two sets of the Roller Coasters, two sets of saddles, and two RockyMounts long tray bike carriers. It's amazing but everything fits. I am very impressed with the Rockymounts and highly suggest them to anyone that would consider buying the Thule or Yakima versions. These are powder coated instead of painted, made to fit Thule and Yakima bars and come with a lock cylinder for $50 instead of the $125 for the big brand names, which are known to rust after about 1 season. If anyone has any questions, let me know, here's a pic of everything loaded up, the kayaks are 14' FYI.

· Registered
109 Posts
Actually, in that pic nothing is tied down, it was just my last dry fit, it was much more work than it would seem to get the bikes and boats to fit, and be straight, there is seriously no more than 1/2" of extra space up there with it loaded up.

· Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, I have heard of them, I just moved here from the Rochester, NY area in the fall, we used to paddle the erie canal a lot and some bays off of lake ontario, I haven't even put them in the water here, the weather has barely broken, and just as I say that, it's only 50 degrees today!

I had the J bars on my explorer and with a long boat, they bounce around way too much for my liking, these things are acutally easier to load and they are rock solid when you strap them down. I'm a pretty tall guy 6'4" so working the straps isn't so bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.