Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HotRod power tour was in town today & Magnaflow had a large booth. I talked to them about a catback for the Element & they said that there needed to be enough interest. Sending an email asking about a catback will help. They also said that they track searches on their site even if its something they don't make anything for. If your interested heres the links. Use the search on the upper right hand side of the page.
http://www.magnaflow.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I Contacted Magnaflow and Corsa years ago and got the same response from both: The Element has been looked at and there is not enough owners that modify them and there are already 2 companies that have systems that do not sell well- in those round about words. I would not waste your time on this one, plus, magnaflow is nice but way overpriced imo.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I Contacted Magnaflow and Corsa years ago and got the same response from both: The Element has been looked at and there is not enough owners that modify them and there are already 2 companies that have systems that do not sell well- in those round about words. I would not waste your time on this one, plus, magnaflow is nice but way overpriced imo.
But there is only one that fits the 4WD and FWD. But yes, Magnaflow is expensive, so unless they have a better price than Injen, I don't see any point.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the guys from Magnaflow face to face & they told me that they are planning on building a catcack for the Element but wanted enough interested in 1st. Which is the right way to keep a company open.
insane_sc that was yrs ago think about it there were fewer Elements on the road & they were newer. They Element has been around long enough for the oem exhausts to start failing & being replaced on top of those of us that want something better.
I don't think they are over priced considering Magnaflow does not use fiberglass packing material that will burn out in a few yrs. They use steel & have a lifetime warrenty.
If you interested do a search on their site & send an email. If there are enough ppl contacting them about it they will build one if not then they will not.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well years ago is only really 2, lol, but hopefully you can get it made. I am just not a fan, I will leave it at that, my personal experiences should not deflect you wanting a magnaflow.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well years ago is only really 2, lol, but hopefully you can get it made. I am just not a fan, I will leave it at that, my personal experiences should not deflect you wanting a magnaflow.
You just don't like the sound or did you have a bad experence with Magnaflow? I heard a sound clip of an E with a magnaflow muffler on youtube & it by far is the best sounding exhaust on an E that I have heard yet.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have nothing against the sound of a magnaflow, its the quality of fitment and customer service. I had a couple seperate vehicles that we put magnaflow exhaust systems on at the perf/resto shop I worked at, always had to modify hanger brackets, bend magnaflow's hangers into postion, oblong flange holes, amongst the worst thing of all, having to cut a $700 exhaust because they made the mid pipes 2" too long, then you call customer service and they talk to you as your the wrong one, they push you off the phone, and usually you have to call back and ask for a sales manager to get anything done. Maybe they have gotten better, and sorry for the rant, but to me, they are overpriced for the quality you get. Now, you can buy one of the stand alone mufflers from them and take it to a stainless exhaust shop and get a custom one made for cheaper. I had a full stainless exhaust on a 71' Nova with two expensive Borla XR1 mufflers at Stainless Works for just over $650 if I remember correctly, and we were able to use our own tips, not standard single walls like magnaflow or gibson uses, and magnaflow welds theirs on. Do some local research on a custom shop, if you want something one off. The best way to find where your good custom exhaust shops that back up their work, call you closest restoration shop and ask where they get the custom exhausts done.

Again, I am sorry for the rant, the element is the only car I actually have bought/traded and exhaust for, and its the gibson from snowdreams1080, it sounds good with the added resonator, but constantly needs readjusted, so honestly, as long as magnaflow can get it right and can beat injen on price and fitment, it may be worth it.

Later
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts