21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Why not install the cable and release on the drivers side? the cable should be able to be shortened... Find out the cost for the door and cable and I might be interested in doing this.
I'm thinking the release may be incorporated into the plastic sill piece on JDM Element. If that's the case, it wouldn't work work on driver's side (US). I'm not sure I could get it to look "stock" if that's the case.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm interested in cost on the cable to have a remote entry door. :)

Another idea is make your own cable and make the release below the door somewhere under the bumper.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got some clarification ... By parasitic, he meant "unpainted plastic" (those of us with older Elements are getting fired up, thinking "HEY! WHAT IN THE HECK DID HE MEAN BY THAT?!?).

I'm interested in cost on the cable to have a remote entry door. :)

Another idea is make your own cable and make the release below the door somewhere under the bumper.
Make your own cable sounds interesting. The stock cable idea I don't like simply because I speak very little Japanese (like that of a one- or two-year old). If I could tell him "send me the entire assembly from the release handle to the fuel door and I don't care if it fits or not" in Japanese, it would be very simple. Every single part seems to take 2-3 emails. I'll look into it, though.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Why not install the cable and release on the drivers side? the cable should be able to be shortened... Find out the cost for the door and cable and I might be interested in doing this.
I'm with Larry, if you can get the cost of the complete set-up to operate like the JDM Element version, then I would also be interested.

Chief

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Any further developments on this???

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Looking for an update. Price plus shipping? Black?

Yoshi email?
Head me the right direction.
Thx.

Raymond

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
How sad, this thread got abandoned?

Here is the contact info for J's Garage (Yoshi).

J's Garage Export Co., Ltd.
1602-8 Tomitsuka-cho Naka-ku
Hamamatsu-shi Shizuoka-ken Japan 432-8002
Yo****aka Ikeda [email protected]
I don't have time to coordinate a group buy myself, but I'd be interested if somebody else sets one up. You can also obviously buy just for yourself, but that's not nice. I suggest somebody send him an email and ask about quantity pricing, and whether or not he would ship to different addresses, or if somebody HERE would have to distribute.

Alternatively, maybe you could ask if he would be willing to simply give a discount to EOC forum members in exchange for word-of-mouth(forum posts) advertising he will obviously get from happy EOC people.

FYI, if the website request info form is too intimidating, he is responsive to a simple email, preferably with a picture attached of what you want. I already asked him about the fuel door, but I never ordered (I spent the money elsewhere). Here is the info he sent back to me. USE PART NUMBERS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Verify what you want personally before placing an order.

#30 74420-SCV-J10ZA fuel rid : 2610yen
+Domestic/Shipping costs
+5% of commission

055282721.jpg
(I know the fuel door lid shown in the diagram has the finger-notch, but that is PROBABLY just a diagram mistake.)

There are also other JDM parts available if you are planning on making your own JDM type locking lid/door scenario, although there are issues with lefthand vs. righthand driverside cars, and the resulting changes in parts, as well as basic JDM vs. US design differences. I started researching the changes IN THIS THREAD, but never got around to doing a full conversion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would be interested in setting up the group buy, but it would have to be done pretty quick because I'll be moving overseas soon. I want to set up a magnetic push up door. Just would look cleaner then have the finger hole. Plus may throw people off how to open it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts