1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
City Island is a nice place to start.

·
1,793 Posts
I was speaking with Edwin (Loco) yesterday and he mentioned meeting in Queens. Some park along Northern Blvd. I didn't get the whole story but will be be contact with him. Any takers??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The only park along Northern Blvd , is Flushing Meadow , it's a big park and might be confusing for some ( even with great directions ) unless we meet @ Citifield when the Mets are away ......You know City Island isn't such a bad idea after all ... I could go for a Lobster or two .......

RUBY

·
1,793 Posts
The only park along Northern Blvd , is Flushing Meadow , it's a big park and might be confusing for some ( even with great directions ) unless we meet @ Citifield when the Mets are away ......You know City Island isn't such a bad idea after all ... I could go for a Lobster or two .......

RUBY
We've met there several times and have had quite a good turn out. There's plenty of parking space and a pretty decent place to eat. Lets see is we get any feedback and maybe we can set an official date (unless) someone comes up with a better place. I don't mind doing a little driving so it doesn't matter to me.

·
1,793 Posts
Lets just pick a date and run with it ! It might be a little to quick for a May meet so how about June ?

RUBY
Okay - The ball's in your court. Pick a date and place and lets see who's interested. Try to pick a place where we can park our E's together and where we can go get something to eat. Let's see how many bites we get.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Any ideas , on where we can meet and eat , and parking ? Do you want a dinner date like Gaily and the rest had in Hackensack ? Fathers day is the w/e of the 20th so thats out , looks like 5 , 12 , or the 26th , plenty of time to get feelers and figure out where on city island .

I'm going with the w/e of the 12th .

RUBY

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any ideas , on where we can meet and eat , and parking ? Do you want a dinner date like Gaily and the rest had in Hackensack ? Fathers day is the w/e of the 20th so thats out , looks like 5 , 12 , or the 26th , plenty of time to get feelers and figure out where on city island .

I'm going with the w/e of the 12th .

RUBY
june 5 or the 19th,,both are good for me...i will be away on the 12th..

·
1,793 Posts
june 5 or the 19th,,both are good for me...i will be away on the 12th..
June 5th - 12th - 26th work for me. The 19th is no good for me. Now, do we wan to meet in Brooklyn, Queens, City Island or Goldsboro, NC?? I would go for a lunch date as opposed to a dinner. So to meet around 12-1PM sounds good. What;s say ye???

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when you say lunch,,do you mean like a big wendys parking lot,,and eat outside by our cars...here in brooklyn there is a hugh bestbuys parking lot that also had wendys in it,,,it right off the beltpkwy by baypkwy..just putting it out there,,,june 5 @ 1pm

·
1,793 Posts
when you say lunch,,do you mean like a big wendys parking lot,,and eat outside by our cars...here in brooklyn there is a hugh bestbuys parking lot that also had wendys in it,,,it right off the beltpkwy by baypkwy..just putting it out there,,,june 5 @ 1pm
I think we should stay away from parking lots of any major stores as the traffic can get hectic. When we've met at City Island we park in the lot of the place we have our lunch (can't remember the name of the place off hand). The times we've been there it was never crowded. We can always meet some place for a couple of hours (park, etc.) then take a drive some else to eat. Again, I will call Edwin and see exactly where he was talking about.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rube,
That would be "Seafood City":)

·
1,793 Posts
Rube,
That would be "Seafood City":)
Right! It's on City Island Avenie. It's a good spot unless someone else has a better (different) place they may want to use. I really don't care. I'm coming down from Peekskill so anywhere in the 45 boroughs is okay with me.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Official date is now JUNE 5 , 2010 @ City Island , The rube shall pick a location and time , I just need a reminder to bring my lobster bib .

RUBY

1 - 20 of 29 Posts